PDA

View Full Version : Changing Color Of.....

lance3280
11-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I a real newbie at photoshoping so I need a lot of help, but for now I want to kno how to change a color of car after I had done all of the modifications, such as adding headlights and a new hood on to the car. If you dont understand me look at this pic:

The color section is where I would want to change color to
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/aznboi3280/PhotoshopDemo.jpg

CPWerks
11-07-2004, 10:44 PM
First, use the Polygon Lasso tool and go around the edge of the body. Hold "shift" to add portions, and hold "alt" to subtract a portions of your selection. Be sure to deselect headlights, windows, or any other part of the car that is not part of the body.

Then go:
-Adjust
-Hue/Saturation
Slide the saturation bar down just a little bit (or a lot if your car already has color). This will take most of the existing color away.

Then, go:
-Adjust
-Color Balance
From here you can slide the color bar towards the color you want. Remember to click the "Shadows, Midtones, and Highlights" option in the same box and move those sliders as well.

DONE

Motor_Maggot
11-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CadillacPimpin@Nov 7 2004, 09:44 PM
First, use the Polygon Lasso tool and go around the edge of the body. Hold "shift" to add portions, and hold "alt" to subtract a portions of your selection. Be sure to deselect headlights, windows, or any other part of the car that is not part of the body.

Select the brush tool, lower the opacity to 25%, then add about 2-4 layers of black or until dark grey, then select a different collor and add a few layers of that color until it looks right, THERES AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OF COLORING :P