PDA

View Full Version : For The Yearbook...

Rasta
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
http://fs5.deviantart.com/i/2004/326/1/8/__central___v_1_by_bigrasta.jpg

comments, criticism?

OmicroN
11-22-2004, 12:26 AM
That's pretty good man. The only thing is, I think they are gonna have a hard time reading it, I know I am. I know it's supposed to say central, but it's just crazy, lol. If they like it, good stuff, use it, maybe with a little color. ;)

Rasta
11-22-2004, 12:31 AM
ill color it later, but in the yearbook itll be black and white...and dude...this is one of my simplier pieces lol

CPWerks
11-22-2004, 12:56 AM
You got some skills man. That is Faboulous....I actually tried it myself a inute ago and it looked like 3 year old was drawing a bunch of weird shatizzle. Good job....But you need to go more simpler man this is just too much for me.....WOW, You are GOOD!

Rasta
11-22-2004, 01:07 AM
dude, this shatizzle is simple lol...my chantalle and whitney pieces were complicated, but this piece is relatively simple

CPWerks
11-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Rasta@Nov 22 2004, 12:07 AM
dude, this shatizzle is simple lol...my chantalle and whitney pieces were complicated, but this piece is relatively simple
Rasta language to CadillaPimpin's Language

Simple_________________Hard

Complicated____________Un-DoAble, Not with human hands :( :D

firefly
11-22-2004, 04:42 AM
damn that looks nice! lol.. could ya make one saying Firefly
so I could use it on my new sig when I make it :lol:

Calypso
11-22-2004, 10:06 AM
yea that is one of your simpler pieces, the only reason its hard to read is your letters like lead off together i dunno hard to explain but i like it :)

Rasta
11-22-2004, 01:55 PM
yeah thanks for the comments...cadillac....lol, true enough...firefly...youre on the waiting list. i still gotta design one for my friend for a club tshirt, and a few other guys asked so youre like 5th on my list...i need reminders

hawk_196
11-22-2004, 05:48 PM
dude make a tut.

Rasta
11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by hawk_196@Nov 22 2004, 03:48 PM
dude make a tut.
hahaha i did once...a video....it was like 200 megabites....but graffiti isnt really something you can teach, ive been doing it for about a year and a half and i still have a lot to learn myself...you just have to practice basically

PatelDesigns
11-22-2004, 08:16 PM
thats real hot bro

Rasta
11-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by PatelDesigns@Nov 22 2004, 06:16 PM
thats real hot bro
thanks bro, ill get to yours by the end of the week...with that pic

firefly
11-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Rasta@Nov 22 2004, 07:55 PM
firefly...youre on the waiting list. i still gotta design one for my friend for a club tshirt, and a few other guys asked so youre like 5th on my list...i need reminders
I can wait lol :D still gotta think what kind of sig I'll make..

-GS-
11-23-2004, 07:14 PM
looks like shatizzle, never draw again ;)

lol rasta you know your an azzizzlehole, and i've told you many times before, screw you, and screw your goddamn sick azzizzle drawings.

Rasta
11-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by GS-@Nov 23 2004, 05:14 PM
looks like shatizzle, never draw again ;)

lol rasta you know your an azzizzlehole, and i've told you many times before, screw you, and screw your goddamn sick azzizzle drawings.

haha yes i remember those times....my graffiti has become significantly worse since you put me down like that lol jk

Rasta
11-25-2004, 02:50 PM
happy thanksgiving (although this isnt for thanksgiving at all)
http://fs5.deviantart.com/i/2004/330/8/9/__thanks___v_1_by_bigrasta.jpg

neverfinished98
11-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Rasta@Nov 22 2004, 06:19 PM
but graffiti isnt really something you can teach, ive been doing it for about a year and a half and i still have a lot to learn myself...you just have to practice basically
Very true. As you can tell by my sig, i write too. Im not really feeling your "T-R" combo. Id have separeated those. Not really feeling your hand writing style too but keep it up, it will only get better. How's your "can control". :lol: That's next bro, if you havent started already. ;)

Rasta
11-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by neverfinished98+Nov 26 2004, 07:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neverfinished98 &#064; Nov 26 2004, 07:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rasta@Nov 22 2004, 06:19 PM
but graffiti isnt really something you can teach, ive been doing it for about a year and a half and i still have a lot to learn myself...you just have to practice basically
Very true. As you can tell by my sig, i write too. Im not really feeling your "T-R" combo. Id have separeated those. Not really feeling your hand writing style too but keep it up, it will only get better. How&#39;s your "can control". :lol: That&#39;s next bro, if you havent started already. ;) [/b][/quote]
i havent really tried to improve my handstyle at all...the t-r connection could have been excuted better, but that will come with practice. ive never painted in my life, i want to but for a starter like me id need someone to show me or teach me, or id want to join a crew...problem is, there are no painters or even writers in this city. by the way, nice sig, post up some shatizzle youve done

rickysals
11-27-2004, 02:42 PM
that&#39;s cool looking,

but I don&#39;t like grafiti.

It&#39;s readability is null, and typography is an art form, and i just don&#39;t think graffiti fits in there.... just my &#036;0.02

Rasta
11-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by rickysals@Nov 27 2004, 12:42 PM
that&#39;s cool looking,

but I don&#39;t like grafiti.

It&#39;s readability is null, and typography is an art form, and i just don&#39;t think graffiti fits in there.... just my &#036;0.02
ricky i understand what you mean, and i respect your opinion.... this piece was done by a guy ecsyle....maybe it will change your view on graffiti...
http://images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/178/9/5/Uranus_battlez.jpg

it was a battle piece between him and myself, needless to say he kicked my azzizzle (my only loss)

neverfinished98
11-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Rasta@Nov 27 2004, 12:59 AM
i havent really tried to improve my handstyle at all...the t-r connection could have been excuted better, but that will come with practice. ive never painted in my life, i want to but for a starter like me id need someone to show me or teach me, or id want to join a crew...problem is, there are no painters or even writers in this city. by the way, nice sig, post up some shatizzle youve done

thanks for the compliments on the sig, well most of my shatizzle was done before the age of "didgi cams". its all on paper or photographs of painted pieces ive done. i suppose i could scan them in one of these days. Anyways, painting is WAAAAAAY more fun. just find somewhere LEGAL you can paint like your own back yard. that&#39;s what i did, build a plywood wall and roll it white and have at it. paint it over and over. Oh, and order some caps. Youll need a full ziplock bag full of fats, mediums, and thins. and its no different than paper, just larger scale.

and just my 2cents. . .graffiti is very much an ART. To those with and un-trianed eye, it all looks the same. But to those who know what they are looking at, its quite easy to read and is very obvious what&#39;s good and what sucks. And it takes a long time to get good at. sorry for the long post. :rolleyes:

Rasta
11-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by neverfinished98+Nov 27 2004, 04:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neverfinished98 @ Nov 27 2004, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rasta@Nov 27 2004, 12:59 AM

thanks for the compliments on the sig, well most of my shatizzle was done before the age of "didgi cams". its all on paper or photographs of painted pieces ive done. i suppose i could scan them in one of these days. Anyways, painting is WAAAAAAY more fun. just find somewhere LEGAL you can paint like your own back yard. that&#39;s what i did, build a plywood wall and roll it white and have at it. paint it over and over. Oh, and order some caps. Youll need a full ziplock bag full of fats, mediums, and thins. and its no different than paper, just larger scale.

and just my 2cents. . .graffiti is very much an ART. To those with and un-trianed eye, it all looks the same. But to those who know what they are looking at, its quite easy to read and is very obvious what&#39;s good and what sucks. And it takes a long time to get good at. sorry for the long post. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
hey man i really appreciate you leaving that big post...itd be really nice if you could post some of you pieces, just one or two is fine...anyways, id really love to paint but i dno...caps and some krylon isnt cheap....

...as for graffiti being an art, i totally agree, a lot of feeling goes into graffiti, even if you dont recognize it half the time...a lot of feeling went into my thanks piece, im not sure if anyone noticed. but yeah, definitely an art, definitely a difference between all styles and letterforms...just looking at the lines of a piece can say a lot about how good a person is