PDA

View Full Version : Can Somone Explain...layer Mask....?

DopecelicaGT
11-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Can someone explain how to properly create and use a lyer mask to edit and blend pixels with other layers? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am accustomed to using Quick Masks but they do not allow me to blend pixels as well as I would like so my only alternative and well best alternative is a layer mask. My problem is I just cannot figure out how to creat and use it properly. Thanks for any and all help.

Justin

DopecelicaGT
11-28-2004, 08:37 PM
What is up with this? Nobody knows how to correctly use Layer Masks? I don't mean to be rude but this is a Photoshop Forum isn't it?

Calypso
11-28-2004, 11:03 PM
well i was gunna be nice and tell you but since your going to be a dizznick about it nvm

ArsenicPants
11-30-2004, 01:36 AM
the only way i use layer masks, typically, is for when i need to have a certain texture or color appear in certain areas of the image
i mostly use it for texture/skin images, but sometimes i'll use it for manipulations and stuff too

as for how to use them, just make a new layer with whatever you want to be applied to the mask in it, go up to the layer menu, click add layer mask -> hide all
then paint white where you want the texture/image/whatever's on the layer to appear
you can blend the appearance in and out with the smudge tool as well

other than that, i really couldn't tell you much