PDA

View Full Version : Lowering With 234,456,734 Layers

phatboy
12-27-2004, 09:13 AM
is there a way to lower the car while the original chop is open in pshop and you still have all the separate layers. im getting tired of finishing a chop with the car looking like a FWD then using the jpeg at the end to lower it...is there another way.

t0tal
12-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Just make your selction, and make a new layer thru the bottom layer, then select the new layer, and with that selection make a new layer from the layer that needs to be lowered. Do that to all the layers that need to be lowered, and then make those layers in to one layer, and lower it down.. Was that some unclear explanation.. :D
That's how I'm doing it, maybe not the easiest way but..

joemomma95
12-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Eaiser way:

-merge all your layers(IMAGE>MERGE VISIBLE)
-make your selection of what you want lowered
-EDIT>COPY
-delete MERGE VISIBLE in your history
-EDIT>PASTE

But I just realized you probably want all your layers there after you lower it, that won't work with this method.

I have no idea how to do what you wanna do exactly, but if you use the method above when your finished with your chop then you probably won't need to do any more major adjustments to your layers so it won't hurt anything, and it'll still be a PSD....hope I kinda helped, I know total really confused me :blink: ...

Sha$XL
12-27-2004, 08:57 PM
link all the layers together (exluding bg, and wheel layers and other part that shouldnt be lowered) then just use the move tool to lower them

phatboy
12-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the input fellas, but Joe is right I wanna have all my layers there when I'm done with the lowering. Is there any way to do that. Thanks

firefly
12-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by phatboy@Dec 28 2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the input fellas, but Joe is right I wanna have all my layers there when I'm done with the lowering. Is there any way to do that. Thanks
well.. I can't even understand why u don't lower the car when u start to mod it :blink:
I always make the lowering first... try it. make's your life a lot easier.. trust me ;)

-GS-
12-28-2004, 02:08 PM
eh when i want to lower the car when everythings done, i select the top part of the car like you normally do. Then go to invert selections so its selected the tires, then raise the tires instead of lowering the body.