PDA

View Full Version : My First...

mikebruce11
01-11-2005, 02:27 AM
This is my first photochop. I know there are a few errors on it. And you can see where I havent fixed the treeline but again its my first. Hope you like. Please no making fun of the choice vehicle. Im trying to do something different by choosing an unlikely car maker to chop.

http://www.canadian3rdinfantry.ca/images/2005SpectraConcept.jpg

SavB18
01-11-2005, 02:29 AM
well its good, but im willin to bet somethin is stolen from somewhere i just dont kno what it is... so hopefully someone will catch it

mikebruce11
01-11-2005, 02:30 AM
What do you mean stolen? If you mean the bumper I borrowed this from (yes) a modified chop and modified it. Ill take it down immediately I did not realise I was doing anything wrong by this. I figured we are borrowing ideas from each other let alone modifying official copyrighted pics of REAL cars that this would be acceptable. Let me know and I will remove asap.

PhotoshopNinja
01-11-2005, 05:55 AM
call me crazy but whats the point of chopping a chop?

its kind of like cooking already cooked meat...

mikebruce11
01-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Well my point of view is that if you see something that you think would look good on another car why not? Its not a matter of "chopping a chop"since this car has never been done before. I modifed a bumper that a guy took off another car. Whats the harm in that> Ive seen alot worse on these boards. All you have to do is look at some of the other works in progress to see other people take stuff off other cars to fit theirs. As I said before I hadnt realised it was a faux pas to do and again Im sorry. Just trying things out, i thought it was all about learning.

beermonkey
01-11-2005, 12:08 PM
i'm not juding anyone but i think that that frontbumper is brushed, so it is made from scratch or atleast modified to fit his chop so i would consider it a stealing :unsure:

but forgetting that part..
the bumper is crooked so play with free tranform and skewing so it looks right
and the shadow of the side vent is'nt very good, it goes way to far, if you understand what i mean..
the intercooler is at the wrong angle so maybe try adn find another one

ckg690
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Mikebruce-

This is from the forum rules about using parts from other chops:

7. STEALING CHOPS/PARTS OF CHOPS. If you are caught stealing chops or parts of chops you will be warned once and banned the next time. There is a fine line in chop stealing and here's my best explanation...if someone made a part or chop from scratch(airbrushed) that is their part or chop. If someone got a part off the net from an existing car that is not thier picture is not stealing.

I'm not trying to do the mods' job or anything, just letting you know,

So, any part from a picture that is already 'chopped' is considered stealing, it doesn't matter if you modified it or not.

Good places to find high resolution 'donor' images that aren't chopped is:
www.highresautoimages.com
www.shift-hard.com (the free car and model)
www.dieselstation.com
www.americanwheelandtire.com
http://streetdream.de
and theres alot more.

mikebruce11
01-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey I whole heartedly understand. My only observation with that rule isa that it says nothing bout editing original photos. Doesnt it seem a little odd that its ok to rob an original artists work from a stock photo but not ok to modify a robbed chop? I understand the rules and will not do it again. My apologies to all did no mean to offend and i didnt come here to stir up crap. Just pointing out.

ckg690
01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mikebruce11@Jan 11 2005, 11:49 AM
Hey I whole heartedly understand. My only observation with that rule isa that it says nothing bout editing original photos. Doesnt it seem a little odd that its ok to rob an original artists work from a stock photo but not ok to modify a robbed chop? I understand the rules and will not do it again. My apologies to all did no mean to offend and i didnt come here to stir up crap. Just pointing out.
I see what your saying, but here's how I see it:

If you take a picture from one of those sites i pointed out^^, and it's not copyrighted, it's fine, most of those are photos from press releases, and they don't copyright them because they want the photos to circulate as much as they can.

If you take a photo from one of the sites i pointed out and it IS copyrighted, it's fine to chop it, so long as you leave the copyright on there. Well...that's how I see it. But if you are going to like take rims from a copyrighted photo, then I think it's ok even if you don't include the copyright from the pic with the rims, as long as you don't say that those rims are from a photo you took (when in fact you hadn't). The whole point of a copyright is to not let me claim that it is 'their' photo when in fact it's not.

Just the way i see it.

using a already chopped part (modified or not) is not ok, because that front bumper is what we call 'brushed', which mean it's made from scratch, and reflects the artist's skill in creating that bumper.

Ethereal
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
brilliantly said ^, i agree whole heartadly, basically yea, those brushed bumpers are hand drawn so... no touchie

ArsenicPants
01-11-2005, 10:45 PM
modifying a copywritten material is fine so long as you don't use it to your own profit, or unless otherwise stated