PDA

View Full Version : Worst Saab EVAR

lmxloco
06-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, on and off I spent a bit of time on this, with the expectation of improving my brushing by finally attempting a whole kit. Well, I attempted it, and it looked so downright horrible I just pasted another one over top. :) The top of the front bumper is brushed (only the bottom, wild looking part is c&p)...that's about the only thing I left that looked halfway decent.

Anyway, I know a lot of this needs work, so any comments, critiques, or whatever will be helpful in improving it down the road.
kthx.

http://www.fox302.com/userdata/lmxloco/files/Photoshop_Cars/Saabchop.jpg

If you want to see a high res version of the original, I got it from dieselstation, but they don't allow hotlinking of their images.

jansink
06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
looks pretty decent mate....try working on your selections though...your arches are a bit dodgy above the wheels. and the side vent is clearly brushed. you should also use a different mesh on the grill and the little vent in the bonnet doesn;t really suit the car imo. Try lowering the opacity of the dark lines around the headlights. This might make a more believable line there. Keep it up!

ferrariguy
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
um... wow, it looks nothing like the original. but i think it will look pretty cool when its done.

lmxloco
06-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah...I see now how dodgy some of my selections were. That sucks because usually I'm pretty careful about that. :)

I kept the lines around the headlights as dark as they were in the original, but who knows...they look OK to me, but I dunno...they might be a bit thick in some places, that's why I like outside opinion.

What kind of mesh do you suggest in the front? It's one I made myself since I didn't feel like looking for any tuts...which is probably why it doesn't look very good ;).

...and ferrariguy...actually, it is done. I don't plan on doing any more too it, but the comments help me improve in the future. Thanks guys.

fIzZbOx
06-17-2005, 04:45 AM
hmmmmm, i like it alot, its very unique, if you just [pretend the "dodgyparts" aint there, then its fairly coolio. You should make a black luxury saab.....which...sorta is already common.....seeing as Saab is a luxury car :P