PDA

View Full Version : G-[TR] VQR-36 Skyline Concept

Tony Riley
08-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Well..I'm back again. Im glad I finally managed to finish this.
This all started by my interest in a certain skyline concept. I don't particularly care for most of them,
so I thought I may try my hand at giving my iteration of what I would like to see out of the next
skyline model. I have brushed much of the car. most donors were overbrushed as well. The front
is my own design..although it turned out evo-esque. The sideskirt is my own design, with the help
of some donored reflection. The rims are modified. I know most of you will recognise them from an
astra....however mine are different. I also decided to give the paint a metallic flake. I hope you all
enjoy this one.

Nothing from the original is left. Its all overbrushed, with the help of some donoring.

Original
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8726/gtr0ia.jpg
VQR-36 GTR Mercury pearl flake
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8818/gtrnucopyfin4bx.jpg

Zodi@c
08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOCKED!!! THat is the most beautiful thing Ihave EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! GREAT WORK!!!

Gaz-O
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :eek: :eek: hope the new skyline gtr looks like that

BloomerzUK
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
How. How. HOW!!! The original is awful quality and you made it into a masterpiece :O Nice man keep it up :O ;)

Vtp
08-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Super chop! Looks a bit like the Chrysler Crossfire :P Everything fits very well together and you can't really see any faults here. Love the color :)

SuhaiL
08-24-2005, 05:23 PM
your fking awesome man, the little things u did on that chop
make it so siiiiiiick

Manson_cs
08-24-2005, 05:38 PM
That looks awsome mate, i love your work it has its own style.... only thing that bugs me is the angle eyes they look off angel, might just be me, cause i have had a few lol :D

v8_king
08-25-2005, 02:01 AM
it looks really good, well done. the whole front bumper is off angle though. and that wobble where it turns bright to darker up on the high of the side, it doesnt look right, i'm not sure it really should wobble like that. great job overall

kick ass boy
08-25-2005, 02:55 AM
great job!!!! i luv the cf work u did on it. and the hole thing is just amazing.
well done

Southcyde
08-25-2005, 06:59 AM
thats sexy as!!!!

all i can say is that i never get tired of loking at your chops bro :D

gives me something to work towards :)

brasher
08-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Best chop ever?

I think it is... Congrats tony, All the hard work has really payed off on this one.

Keep it up ;)

tomsuth
08-25-2005, 07:11 AM
looks amazing but i have 2 say teh front bit at the bottem is not simetrical. it goes up on 1 side but not the uther. also i recun the gtr badge is wonky.
but uthere than that amaizng

MRWILDE
08-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Looks sweet Tony. Im diggin the color and the rims.

rice4lyfe
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
excellent chopp! imo i didnt really like the whole triangular headlight thing but nonetheless still an great choppp

Tony Riley
08-25-2005, 01:48 PM
At this time I want to thank everyone thus far who
has given me input away from the forums.
Gary, Uber, Visual, Ash, CPWerks, Nast, Glacius - thanks alot dudes.

Thanks everyone for great comments. I was pretty sure
I was going to get a somewhat mixed reaction for the paint,
as it was a first time experiment. I used 6er parts for the
roof, hood, and some of the side. but in order to change the
design to fit the original picture, brushing was used. I also
don't normally use this level of contrast, and probably
never will ever again. - I hate it. The carbon parts..
were the devil to create. The side piece was brushed and then
my own pattern was applied, the front was an overbrush
with real carbon applied over it. Then sportec valance
reflection was used to "polish" it off. Again, thanks I'm
very appreciative for all the postive, and critically observant
comments

Florian Wunsch
08-28-2005, 11:21 AM
THATS ******* HOT AS HELL!!! Thats one of the best... - and I really wanna say "best" - chops I have seen so far... and I think thats one of your best too... from this newspaper picture ... holy ****... thats crazy!!! You have TOO MUCH TIME :] .

Tony... you have to know that you have a great fan of your work!!! :]

Mikeh C
08-28-2005, 12:10 PM
hmm the bottem CF part of the bodykit is slightly off line but except that tiny thing its AMAZING how long it take you?

walker
08-28-2005, 06:38 PM
thts great, the image suits everything so well, it has been designed and brushed great nice job

also the original after looking closly the skyline dont look in a nice place hills behind but at yours its got a mean but realistic appearance and the backdrop wit the high contrast has made it look more 05/06 year work

well dont tony u and iac's work i look at and hope to be like that in teh future :D