10-20-2003, 07:46 AM
Orig:
http://www.uploadit.org/files/201003-front%20of%20integra%20Type%20R.jpg
Chopped:
http://www.uploadit.org/files/201003-Red%20Suped%20up%20Integra%20type%20R.jpg

Deftone
10-20-2003, 08:31 AM
It looks fake with this color....
and the front is blurry...looks like its made out of plasticine;) ;)

and where the hell is the spoiler sitting? on the roof? ;) ;)

xfelon
10-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Yea it does look fake..the spoiler looks bad sorry to say... ;)

darkrider
10-20-2003, 10:16 AM
same comment here

SuhaiL
10-20-2003, 02:33 PM
u should put more time into it

darkrider
10-20-2003, 02:39 PM
yeah
4 a good chop i need bout 5-8 h
how bout yall

misterphotoshop
10-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Ya that spoiler does look like crap...

no offence...

But the car was pretty fake looking in the first place...

like just look at the sky and the ground and the car looks like it came out of some plasctisice book...

Ya know what I mean?

brasher
10-20-2003, 10:12 PM
i only take about an hour to do a detailed chop, and some of u guys like strangester take up to 11, whats goin on

joemomma95
10-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Looks like it was a toy to start out with...I don't think the original is a real car.

Blacksabbath
10-21-2003, 02:04 AM
ok thanks for pointin it out i dont konw if it makes sense but when u chop u sometimes dont see the fake parts that easily becuse you've put so much time into it... i dont know its probably just me. BTW this took like 30 min so not very long

Deftone
10-21-2003, 06:09 AM
thatīs why I take always two days for a chop.....one day I chop it...the other I look at it to see things like this..then i continue chopping...some chops took me 12 hours or more..!!!

stormpowered_stang
10-21-2003, 06:40 AM
you guys r all weird. how could you take that long on a chop. my chops loook pretty cool and they take me 5-10 mins each. :o

spida
10-21-2003, 07:51 AM
um sorry but like i didnt know sedans had spoilers on the roof unless they wanted to look like a dickhead (rice look) and more work when painting ur car looks fake should avoid the smudge tool when doin stuf like that try using other tools and experimenting so u can keep the reflections n **** aiight not the worste i seen though

Last edited by spida at Oct 21 2003, 06:52 AM

Deftone
10-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by stormpowered_stang@Oct 21 2003, 05:40 AM
you guys r all weird. how could you take that long on a chop. my chops loook pretty cool and they take me 5-10 mins each. :o
take a high res pic...and you will have do work clearer and exactlier than have to on the lowRes pics u use....
and your chops are beginner chops....not more ;)
BTW...I dondīt believe that your chops take only 10 min...they would look much badder than they do, even when they are lowres...

briandyche
10-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by stormpowered_stang@Oct 21 2003, 03:40 AM
and every single one of your chops look like sh!t too
nuff said

anyways.. the reason i spend so much time on my chops is cuz i have a tremendous attention to detail on the good chops i produce

lmxloco
10-21-2003, 10:50 AM
You HAVE to do a better job masking. That's the majority of your time. If you can't mask well, then your car will end up looking bad. The best chops will take the longest. You can't expect to spend less than an hour (and still do any significant changes) and it come out good.

That's why deftone does well on the contests.

Keo
10-21-2003, 11:26 AM
sometimes i spend atleast a hour just to smooth the car out

xfelon
10-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Well it all depends on how you go about it i say..iv seen about 2-3 ways so far for doing cf hoods...not each way is the same thu it wont take an hour to do each way...
2ndly, stang the difference between your chops and say deftones, is that his are quality chops. Yours are just butchered.you should spend more time on your chops i rekon...Im not that great a' chopper either, but i try..the last couple chops i posted were all rushed cos i aint had no time lately until now really...
oh and blacksabbath, just keep practicin and trying things out....
its the best way to learn imo.... :P

Last edited by xfelon at Oct 21 2003, 11:31 AM

rickysals
10-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah, the best chops are thoe ones when you cannot tell it is a chop, but you think it is the real photograph. It shouldn't look like a cartoon.

My chop for this contest was worked on off and on for over a week, I think I have like 20+hrs into it. Once I start I want to keep working on it all night to get to the end. It also doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist. So one pixel out of place will have to be fixed. I will never finish a pic until I see ZERO mistakes. May not all turn out great, but I put every bit of effort into it.

joemomma95
10-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Hmmmm, like your sig? That looks like about a 5 minute job....I don't see how your baggin on anyone for takin they're time to produce a decent looking chop. Maybe you should take that as advice and spend a little more time, then you can tell people what they're doin wrong.

BTW, what Deftone said about a chop should take a minimum of 2 days is exactly right. You should'nt do a chop then immidiately after your done post it up and say it's finished. You should take yourself away from the comp screen and do something else for a while(sleep, eat, drink, etc.) then come back to your chop and really look at it. It'll take the picture out of your head then when you come back to it it's like looking at a whole new picture, then judge for yourself if it looks 'right'.

Too many people do 'rush' chops or 'quick' chops then just post them up knowing that they aren't as good as they could've done. It's not about having time either, if you have a few hours a day use them to work on it, not finish it. Take your time people, I guarantee your chops will improve....

briandyche
10-21-2003, 06:11 PM
^^^
well said
the only time i post something up before i finish it is when im all out of ideas and it still dont look finished to me

misterphotoshop
10-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Usually when I run out of ideas and im not satisfied with my chop i just scrap it and start over...

On average it take me about a few days up to a few weeks to do a chop....

If i make it really, really good!

Blacksabbath
10-22-2003, 03:03 AM
ok thanks for this advice i usually spend like 1 hour but i hadn't thought about takin a break cuz i end up losing concentration but thanx guys ill try this method with my next chop

dcmarx
10-22-2003, 03:27 AM
well i take like 5 minutes to take a **** and it looks better than ur chops B)

Blacksabbath
10-22-2003, 03:40 AM
lol