PDA

View Full Version : Cpl o' noobish questions

Agnt
12-04-2005, 04:07 PM
been working with the carrera gt lately (may post it later for c&c) but i've been wanting to do a few different things with it and am just not coming up with anything halfway decent, i'll try to halfway describe this to where you can get a mental picture, front of the car is angled to the right and down from the rear, (basic front bumper and right side shot)

i've been trying to make a reflection of the car but i'm running into some problems since because of this car's angle, the simple flip a copy of the image and erase/opacity trick isn't cutting it, i've tried free transformation with skew, perspective and distort but not really getting anywhere, any tricks i could use to help with that?

second off the image i used was a grayscale, so when colorized it's got that...."dull" look about it, any tricks to give it a more reflective/waxed up look? <----could use this trick to create a couple of backgrounds too, give the floor a "shiny" look.

i know one answer would be to just start off with a better image but if it's possible to manipulate it with THIS image, it would prolly help me in the long run with other such images, thx in advance! :cool:

joemomma95
12-05-2005, 01:42 AM
It would help alot better if you posted the image your trying to work with, alot of people around here are "visual" people, if ya know what I mean....

jamescara
12-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Need a pic bro

Agnt
12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
alright, i had to wait till i could go back to college to post these up here...uploading and storing photos on 23k (not even 56k) can really bite sometimes >=( here's the original i was talking about...*crosses fingers*

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/639/1395porschef3thumb.jpg

and this is the one i've started to work on *keep in mind i just started, nothing really big done here so c&c would be a little overkill*

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/639/1395porsche_wall_paper-med.jpg

hope that clears up a little bit, thx again

Agnt
12-06-2005, 11:54 AM
bumps