PDA

View Full Version : how to draw lines

yeahitsme
02-12-2006, 02:54 AM
can anyone teach me how to draw lines in adobe? i have cs2.

i find myself copying existing lines of the original to make it match, but it just doesn't always turn out right, how do you draw lines easily? like lines of the door.

BigDawgz
02-12-2006, 11:10 AM
On a new layer try using the line tool with the color black and then fade the opacity until it looks right. Thats for like door lines also works with white for different color cars. Hope that helps a little good luck :)

yeahitsme
02-12-2006, 04:54 PM
thanks. i have tried that in the past and it hasn't filled in, instead it just showed the outline. now it seems to work. however, the selection is still there, is there anyway to remove it? or do i just have to work with that?

OmicroN
02-12-2006, 09:38 PM
thanks. i have tried that in the past and it hasn't filled in, instead it just showed the outline. now it seems to work. however, the selection is still there, is there anyway to remove it? or do i just have to work with that?
If there is something selected and you want to de-select it, just hit control-D and it will do the trick.

Also, a lot of the times for drawing lines, I would suggest using the pen tool, it takes a lot to go into dealing with that, but I believe the photoshop help can help you solve that problem. If you go to help and look up paths or pen tool then it should give you a good "how-to" when it comes to using it. It can be used as a raster selection or a vector selection, there is many ways to use it. If I go into it I would have to write a book on the subject, lol.

Carty
02-13-2006, 12:46 AM
ya, i use the pen tool about 95% of the time when i need lines drawn, you can make them perfectly straight, or curve them, than once you have your line drawn, select "stroke" and use the pencil or brush to draw out your line

yeahitsme
02-13-2006, 02:58 AM
ya, i use the pen tool about 95% of the time when i need lines drawn, you can make them perfectly straight, or curve them, than once you have your line drawn, select "stroke" and use the pencil or brush to draw out your line
thanks.

hey, but i can't seem to get the path to disappear. I press ctrl+D and try using the other tools, but the path which i originally drawn keeps staying there. like you know the anchor points and the line it made, it doesn't disappear so i can see the actual line drawn. is there a way to make it disappear?

if i save it, i can see it, but if i dont, i only see the path made from the pen.

KEV
04-22-2006, 10:24 AM
ryt right click the inside shape you have made then goto make selection see if that works