PDA

View Full Version : First Chop Ever!!!!

the51zer0
07-07-2006, 03:50 AM
My First Chop Ever it took me about 1 and a half hours:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3241/mustanggt14tj.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/5413/mustang2rx.jpg

c&c please the roof is a little bumpy but besides that.....

Mike Minnillo
07-07-2006, 04:01 AM
first off, welcome to PSC! i hope you can get all the help you need here.
the biggest piece of advice i can give is to spend lots of time on your chops. an hour and a half really is not long enough. also, your selections are pretty rough. spend more time on those. keep up the good work, and dont get discouraged by some of the *******s on this site.

cd_customs
07-07-2006, 04:30 AM
wot he said and also there arnt that many *******s on this site.

briandyche
07-07-2006, 04:34 AM
As of late there are.

Quite a decent first chop, really. I like your idea. The two tone is pretty nice, but like said, spend time on your selections. Small, short segments around curves make much more precise selections. Also, try using full car donors for the wheels, not just one individual wheel.

the51zer0
07-07-2006, 04:54 AM
are there ne key words i should use when trying to find a wheel donor? im guessing google

VipFREAK
07-07-2006, 05:31 AM
An ok first chop. If possible get to know the pen tool now and your stuff will be that much better that much faster.

MRDETROITMETAL
07-07-2006, 05:55 AM
"some of the *******s on this site.
there arnt that many *******s on this site
As of late there are."

I think they have been here all along, as I am a new guy here too !

(NOT refereing to ANY of you guys tho..)

WOW !...welcome dude ! ....I LOVE MUSTANGS !...

Rex Raider
07-07-2006, 06:01 AM
MRDM: They are talking about you. You would do a lot better at places if you just shut up.

AS for the chop, for a start, it's pretty good.
Good advice: If YOU see a problem (bumpy roof) that should be fixed, then fix it before you post it.

|)__|\/|_()_|\|
07-07-2006, 06:10 AM
not bad at all for your first. the bumper mesh looks a bit too big tho. to answer your question about the wheel donor, all he meant take the tread and all, not just the rim i think

briandyche
07-07-2006, 01:32 PM
No, that's not what I meant. I mean go to a site like importfx.net or carandmodel.com and find a picture of a car with the wheels you want, that is close to the same angle as the car you are working on. And then, copy the front wheel and paste it on the front wheel of your chop, and the same with the rear wheel to the rear wheel of your chop. It gets the angle right and looks better.

MartinPliksh
07-07-2006, 08:57 PM
yeh the whhels are very flat, but every one does that first time