PDA

View Full Version : Camaro / Tahoe Concept

phxchristian
07-11-2006, 05:03 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9707/camarotahoecombo5tn.jpg

Playing around with the smudge tool and distortion created this image. Give me some pointers if you want. Still a WIP but I think it is coming along nicely.

EDIT:

Here is where I am at after some adjustments. Still not done, actually far from it, but it will look great when I am done.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1129/camarotahoecombo1cr.jpg

Mike Minnillo
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
well, the fit on the front end looks decent. i think you should select the layer of the new front end and then play around with color levels as well as variations to get the colors to match. smudging=bad, airbrushing=good. only smudge if you really need to, and even so, only smudge small parts. and did you smudge reflection off of the hood? once again, this is where airbrushing could work wonders.

joemomma95
07-11-2006, 10:10 PM
The top of the Camaro grill looks OK(not great, a little off angle) but the bottom of the grill is wayyyyy off, the foglight on the right gives it away quick, I'm not sure if you c&p the left side foglight to the right side but it doesn't look right at all, there's no depth to it at all....

And yea, it's gonna be hard to get that to look right with the big smuding going on, you can use the smudge tool to get things to look right(especially on a studio shot like this) but it does take some patience and time(and yea, probably some brushing in the end)....keep it going and try to work some of the bugs out...

phxchristian
07-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Thanks, I'm slowly learning things and always eager to try new things. I'm doing this with a standard Apple Bluetooth mouse on the 1.42 Ghz Mac Mini G4 I have without a Wacom device, so it is very hard to get things exact. Thanks for the help! I can only hope one day to get one of those nifty touchpads. I have pretty much ruined it since I ended up smudging the whole body. The only way to fix it is to airbrush highlights and reflections over the flat gray parts. It was a cool concept anyway. I need to work on something simpler to hone the skills I have and develop the skills I hope to have in the future.

-Christian

joemomma95
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't worry about what mouse you have, I use a standard mouse that came with the computer(sony) and I always have. Alot of people don't have wacom tablets or touchpads, alot of people just use a plain old mouse, nothing fancy.

Practice makes perfect, and that's the only way you can get good at chopping. You don't necessarily have to do things the way everyone else does them, create your own ways of doing things and that way they'll be easier for you to do in the end....