PDA

View Full Version : new guy

Gibson_08
07-19-2006, 01:21 AM
ive been using photoshop for years, and i thought i should join a forum to show some of my work. I welcome all comments, but please keep them about technique and not about the style.;)

Heres a Golf I just finished the other day:

Original:
http://www.turbomr2.com/GTI/PICS/vw_golf_gti11s.jpg

Chopped:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Sav_350/GolfMk4Modded-1.jpg

.:ace:.
07-19-2006, 08:18 AM
well its good for "the new guy"! umm looks a bit blurry aroundthe front end? and its a bit off angle too but not too bad! the rims are pretty overused on this forum lolso loose them n find some original 1's?? but yer good chop for a new guy!

chopster
07-19-2006, 09:57 AM
it looks like much C&P work and i don't really like that... try taking parts with same quality as the original

ferrariguy
07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
i like it. as they said it could use work

Gibson_08
07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
thanks guys. As i said, im not new to photoshop, ive been at it for a long time now, just couldnt be bothered to join a forum thats all.
As for the rims, I wouldnt know, as i just found this place, but i think they suit the whole german bad *** thing really well.:)
Yeah, the front end does look kinda blurry, but theres not a lot i can do about that now without making it worse, asides from maybe setting it in motion lol:rolleyes:
As far as it being off angle, I really cant see that! my mate reckons it looks kinda off, but i disagree. Maybe its too much comparasin to the original pic.

stratotanker412
07-19-2006, 10:47 PM
It's not a bad chop, dude. I'm a newby here and everybody seems to be a f**king expert. I will have an entry for the Focus contest, and they will see what I can do. I wonder how many of the "experts" will have entries. I can't wait to see them. Or maybe they can't be bothered with such petty things. They should all put their money where their mouths are. Then we can all rip their **** apart.

stratotanker412
07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Also, since I'm new here, I don't know if the entry's artist is identified, but it should be. But I will post mine in the regular forum as well as the official entry.

stratotanker412
07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
What, no response, experts? Will all you critics have entries?

joemomma95
07-20-2006, 12:16 AM
What, no response, experts? Will all you critics have entries?

Here's a response for you, learn how to edit a post or say what you want to say in one post. Three posts within 15 minutes is not how things work around here, if you have that much to say then post it all in one sitting.

You might want to check you own posts for people talking like they know everything because I do recall some of you comments on other peoples chop to be pretty shitty. Don't know what crawled up your butt and died but I think it might be time to pull it out and get a grip on what your problem is because that kind of attitude isn't going to go over to well around here....

stratotanker412
07-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Sorry, sir, didn’t know how “Things work around here.” And, by gosh, sir, I will make a positive effort to learn proper editing protocol in the future. I was not aware of the amount of posts one was allowed to enter within a certain time frame. Please enlighten me as to the amount time I am officially allotted, and I will make every effort to adhere to that rule.
Here’s something for you: if you will go over my past posts, you will see that I have given much earnest criticisms. And the irony of it is – I was trying to make a fellow newbe feel positive about what he had submitted on this very forum – albeit negative toward supposed “experts”. And I apologize for that.
I suggest that you lighten up just a hair, dude. I mean no harmJ

MRDETROITMETAL
07-20-2006, 03:47 AM
LOL, i dunno why i even read this !!!

The chops cool man, as far as it goes. PUT UP SOME MORE ...maybe in a diff STYLE !!!

joemomma95
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, I'll start with the 'editing protocol' as you like to call it. There's a small button in the bottom right-hand corner of every post you make, it has the word "EDIT" on it(imagine that). That is how you use your edit feature...I know crazy concept but that is how it works. The reason for using it would be for you not to 'spam' up a thread with useless posts, yea believe it or not the three posts in the 15 minutes are pretty much uselesss to this thread, classifying them as spam. Read the forum rules and you might understand why we don't like spam. Here is a link to the forum rules in case your to smart for your own good to find them yourself.... FORUM RULES (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8505)

And here's something for you, I went over your past posts and just as I remembered you have not been very nice....all of these entries are directly quoted from you...
-Drift is lame. Drift wastes time and cheap skinny rubber. Drift is NOT performance. Drift is boring.

-manga shmanga

-Leave that car alone.

-Also, as far as realism goes, this vehicle is unsteerable.

-"What is execution?" Are you serious?
So your telling me that these comments are at all helpful to anyone out there? I don't think so.

I have no problem with anyone making a noob feel better about what they have done on a chop but believe it or not there is ways to do it other than 'trying' to put down other choppers. I realize you didn't direct you posts at anyone in particualr but talking **** about 'experts' can cause trouble and that is not at all what we are about here.

As far as telling me to 'lighten up a hair', maybe you should try listening to your own advice. Your the smart guy that just started talking **** for no apparent reason and brought this thread down. You wanted a response, I gave you one....don't ask for things that you don't really want.

Gibson_08
07-20-2006, 03:22 PM
ok guys cool ya jets. i really hate the expression "noob" a.) because im not a big computer person and the word really annoys me and b.) i am in no way "new" to photoshop, ive been doing it for a good six years now.
I really dont see the point in arguing over what is basically nothing here, so just stop. If I thought this would have turned onto an argument i wouldnt have bothered posting it. All Im trying to say is there's probably a better place to have an argument like this, but I really just want feedback on my work, not a flaming post.;)

Carty
07-20-2006, 10:38 PM
hahaha...wow this thread is AWESOME... first off, to comment on the car posted, if you want it to come out clearly, you either have to brush it yourself, or you have to use a donor picture with a similar quality... otherwise it will look crappy....

and as for Stratotanker... Im not going to enter the contest because I hate that car plus I don't have time to do it right now, not because I don't think its worth it... and if you don't think that any of us experts have any ability... feel free to challenge me in a battle, Ill hand you your ***

stratotanker412
07-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Dude, why are you on my back? “Drift is lame” is my opinion. Are you some kind of dictator? No opinions allowed?
The fact that that particular vehicle is “unsteerable” is intuitively obvious. That’s not an insult, that’s an observation. It’s a simple function of mechanics.
And honestly, as much as the word “execution” is used in the context of these forums is concerned; one should know what it means. However, I do understand English is not the primary language of many on this site. So I will give you that.
As far as what buttons to push or how it is that you want everyone to post entries in the forum, I will admit ignorance. Forgive me.
You have posted almost ONE THOUSAND ENTRIES A DAY! This site seems to be your life! Over ONE MILLION entries you have posted! Are you serious! Do you sleep! That’s insane! I’ve really never seen anything like that in ANY forum.
Instead of spending all that time going back and looking over every single one of my posts to make specific quotations that I have made just to prove your petty little point… go and get a – oh, I don’t know… LIFE!

Carty
07-21-2006, 12:34 AM
haha... what a dumbass... Joe, ill let you explain it to him

stratotanker412
07-21-2006, 12:35 AM
explain.

rickysals
07-21-2006, 12:40 AM
explain.

OK chill.

this is done.

joe is a very reasonable mod and was just letting you know how things work. his post count is really in the 1500-3000 range (guess-timating). It's just been edited for fun.

some "so-called experts" have beeen here for years and have moved onto bigger things. (me). I'll be back in the game for a brief time and you can see what we can do.

just don't come off as cocky and you'll fit right in

Carty
07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
A long while ago, MR. Photoshop I think it was, was bragging about how he had reached 3000 posts or something, so Joe edited his to 1000000+ aha

rickysals
07-21-2006, 12:50 AM
so yea, back on topic.

Gibson did a chop, lets comment on it.

take this to the general disc if you need.

Sevil Norgad
07-21-2006, 02:32 AM
haha, this forum seems different now since I have had a brief vacation from it. So guy, your chop is pretty clean, but if you were to free-transform just the bottom right corner of the bumper up just a nudge, that would make a huge difference in your "execution points". Let's see more.