PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Octavia WIP

Gibson_08
07-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Heres my current project, trying to make a skoda look good lol:rolleyes:
So far Ive shaved it, carried out a hatchback conversion, tail light transplant new boot line etc, still got the bodywork to do. The lights are off a TVR T350c, incase you were wondering. Still a bit of tidying up to do, and im looking at different wheels aswell.
Here it is so far:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Sav_350/SkodaOctaviaVRSModdedmaaaybe.jpg

Original:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Sav_350/SkodaOctaviaVRS.jpg

C&C welcome!:)

Gibson_08
07-21-2006, 03:09 AM
any comments at all?;)

VipFREAK
07-21-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, since this is a WIP I assume you're going to clean up the right side of the rear fender because I can see where you cloned the body work. The front wheel doesn't work because you severely stretched it and the center hub isn't in the center of the wheel. The right tail light is ok but you're gonna have to figure out the left because at this point it's just digging into the bumper. In the upper left of the license plate I can see the original body color still, it needs more blending. The bottom of the gas cap looks blurry unless you didn't touch it and that's just reflection. Hope that helps. Keep going.

ferrariguy
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
i like it. but shouldnt the deeper of the two rims be in the back?

Gibson_08
07-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Yea I actually like the effect achived by stretching the front wheel, it gives it more depth like a deep dish rim, and im trying to get the same effect on the rear. and suggestions on how to do that, or should i just try different rims? There are 4 inactive layers on ther atm, with 2 different wheels, but they turned out low quality, despite the similar resolution/size of the doner pictures.

As for the fuel door, the relection was already there, and its not properly in place yet, just C&P. Im thinking about chopping the original number plate recess back in from the orig pic, something about the original parts might match better.
The left hand tail light is proving tricky aswell, but it might get better after a bumper transplant.

ferrariguy
07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
sorry. i wish i could give a suggestion on the rims. but im at a loss myself

Carty
07-21-2006, 04:26 PM
I love the M rims, to get a dip dish rim at that angle you basically have to brush it, going over it in a light opacity black might help

Gibson_08
07-21-2006, 07:58 PM
OK, finished 'deepdishing' the rear wheel, im pretty happy with how it looks now. Also i extended the door back and removed the rear window stop. And as i said im putting the original number plate holder back in, so thats just c&p ther atm.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/Sav_350/SkodaOctaviaVRSModdeddeepdish.jpg

VipFREAK
07-22-2006, 02:31 AM
It's still rough around the rear fender but the rear of the car is a lot better. The rims are also still bad. Good improvement.

Carty
07-22-2006, 03:00 AM
it looks alot cleaner

Gibson_08
07-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks carty.
Whats still worng with the wheels? the rear wheel is deep dish, and the front one isnt, thats not uncommon? or is it still the offset hub thats the problem, cuz i think that looks pretty cool.
I cant see anything on the rear fender either, specifically which part is problematic? its a big fender afterall lol