PDA

View Full Version : Solid Works Chopper

Pluh
07-30-2006, 12:30 PM
A friend asked me to post this for him because he had trouble logging in and posting it himself.

This chopper was done in solidwork and rendered in photoworks. it took him about two days to complete.

C&C will be appreciated.

PS. His username is BVG.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3127/finalfinalip1.jpg

chopinmanchop
07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
thats good man i have to say i like it alot
like the rendering is so sic and it make me feel like i would get it nmad into a real bike if i had the money

BL-Z
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM
cool whats the program ya use cn u get me it plz

nasTone
08-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Umm, let me answer this for Pluh. First, read the thread. He used SolidWorks and rendered it using PhotoWorks. Obviously you missed it. It was the second sentence that he had typed. Secondly, NO! Buy your own copy or get a job where they give you an at home license. There is also a student version available. Take a look at www.solidworks.com if you are interested.

Tell your friend nice job on the bike by the way. I started on a while back. If you search, you can probably find it.

chopster
08-02-2006, 07:50 AM
why does he use 2 programs... can any1 explain me cuz i'm a noob at renderings...

Pluh
08-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks for all the replies sofar!

As to chopsters qeustion:

He doesnt use two programs but photoworks is an ad-in in solidworks wich enables you to reneder your models wich you created. Solidwork thus includes photoworks but solidworks by itself is used to model the parts. If im right it is basically the same as 3ds max's feature wich enables you ta ad materials to your model en render it.

Hope i could be of some help.

Da Lemon
08-02-2006, 09:20 AM
as a render its pretty cool but as a chop its kinda crap cos everything seems out of scale and there isnt an awfull lot of detail! tell him to keep it up but try studying things a bit harder!! nice 1 (i hope this was helpful critisiscam)

chopster
08-03-2006, 05:29 AM
thanks for sharing!

WakoNako
08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
How much does solidworks cost exactly?

The website isn't very helpful in the way of quoting a price

VipFREAK
08-06-2006, 01:31 PM
There's Student versions here (http://www.studica.com/SolidWorks/) but I couldn't find pricing online. I believe it was around $5000?? I used to go to "mixers" and they would have a Solidworks vendor there.