PDA

View Full Version : C6 to race car

harshfury
02-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Hey everyone,

My name is Chris...I am brand new to this site.

Original:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/anti-curl/vett01.jpg
Modded:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/anti-curl/vette02.jpg

Ok, ok...you caught me...I am just joking. I didn't photoshop either one of those. The real reason I am here is to give all of you props on the site. I have always loved cars, and art...so naturally, this site is right up my alley; it will, most likely, kill several hours of my time...especially whilst at work.

I have never really used photoshop before, but I am really anxious to try my hand at it. I have looked through the tutorials, and they seem very helpful. I will start off with the basics, color changing, etc... and then progress into the harder stuff as skills permit.

I'm sure I could delve right in, and make some pretty awful cars...but I'll save your fingers from having to publically redicule me.

Anyway, a lot of you are doing some awesome stuff. Keep up the good work.
Any advice for a complete beginner?

joemomma95
02-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Take things slow, do the simple stuff first, perfect the simple stuff, then move on to more complicated things....don't let anyone get you down, take any and all comments with a grain of salt, if you like your chops that's all that matters.....oh ya, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

OooGummies
02-23-2007, 01:38 AM
WOW J00 DID THAT? Lol just kidding.

Well, you should take a trip to the Tutorials section it's got lots of good tips.

iMARC
02-23-2007, 07:14 AM
hey ... I'm not too sure about the Tutorials because like this you will always do that stuff like they did in the Tutorials... normally there are lots of ways to e.g. color the car... really to be honest I maybe looked in max. 2 Tutorials for m first year of chopping cuz i dont want to say theyre crap but mostly you can do better yourself then they do in the tuts....
So!, just try stuff yourself... try all the color things in PS and therell be one thatll work pretty good on a car and another that works even better or a different one you can use better on the next one and so on.... and for the brushing stuff ...the Tutorials are too old crap XD learn it yourself like i did by looking at other pro-chops and real pics! real pics are a big issue too keep on the realism and not go too toony on ya chops... i think you all car freaks got a lot of car pics but did u ever look how inside the vent looks when the shadow comes from behind the car or just points directly on the front? probably not and thats why most of the brushing looks weird at first...most of the bumpers dont have hard edges so u cant make a hard edge with the colorflow...hope i could help not just you but more ppl on this forum XD

Cheers

Tony Riley
02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Only use tutorials as guides. They should never
be used as formulas.

You'll learn this with experimenting.
Watch other more "advanced" members
to get ideas, and learn what it is that makes
certain images that much more special.
Then try mimicry, then find your niche.
Being original is always a welcome trait.

harshfury
02-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I think the tutorials will be a good starting point for me...if for nothing else, than to learn about WHAT photoshop can do.

Not only have I never really done any carchops...but I haven't really even used photoshop, so I don't know what tools are available.

Thanks for all the input though.

cheers.

ding_dong
02-24-2007, 02:33 AM
master the pen tool and life will be easy.