PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 3

stylemaster
03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Ok here´s my chop i´ve done. I´m quite new to this stuff, i´ve done only about two awful chops but i´ve read and checked out your chops (and tutorials of course) and i hope i´ve learned something.

chop:
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6514/mazdacopyho4.jpg

and original:
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/5463/mazda3tk4.jpg

erric1234
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
looks good but i cant tell if you selections are bad or its the resize and your paint is really flat

stylemaster
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
looks good but i cant tell if you selections are bad or its the resize and your paint is really flat
well, yes my selections are quite bad, and every time i tried to fix them, they got worst :(

erric1234
03-05-2007, 04:12 PM
learn the pen tool

Kaze
03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
learn the pen tool

Ditto. Although it still isn't a whole lot of good for really rounded edges.

erric1234
03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Ditto. Although it still isn't a whole lot of good for really rounded edges.

yeah it is, i use it for wheels all the time

Kaze
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah, but the polygon lasso is easier (albeit harder to redo if you mess up) on rounded edges as long as you have a precision mouse and steady hand.

Mike Minnillo
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
but the polygon lasso is easier

just need a bit of practice with the pen. i used to be hooked on the lasso, but after using the pen for a bit, you'll soon find that youre faster with the pen.

Although it still isn't a whole lot of good for really rounded edges.

this is BS. the pen tool will give you a much smoother and cleaner line around a curve than the lasso will.

as for the chop, selections are pretty rough. also, i see a lot of smudging, especially around the 2-door conversion. try to use smudging as little as possible. it makes things look...smudged. and kinda sloppy. keep practicing!

stylemaster
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
txnx to you all. i´m using pen tool and i´ve been using almost from the start, i guess i just have to practise a litlle more ;) i´m learning :D

PSDavinci
03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
The pen is far mightier than the lasso in terms of precise cutting.
Thus, any and all curves should be cut using the pen.
If sharp edges are of no concern then yes, the lasso is good choice and markedly faster.
The lasso is also a good tool for creating shapes where you want to blend the edges into the background. This is accomplished by using the feathering option, which is not available to the pen.

mglavina
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
lol it seems this forum is more about the pen tool nd less about the chop:P lmao...

dont mind if i ask, but is your background one of the default background wallpapers for windows XP?

stylemaster
03-07-2007, 10:45 AM
lol it seems this forum is more about the pen tool nd less about the chop:P lmao...

dont mind if i ask, but is your background one of the default background wallpapers for windows XP?

i found it from google.

PSDavinci
03-07-2007, 11:46 AM

^ Ha Ha, sorry Stylemaster, I guess I got off on my pen tool soapbox.

Regarding your chop: One big problem I see is the lack of reflection associated to your BG.
Being in among such tree cover, there would certainly be tree shadow all over your car. (Notice the ground)
You would be better off choosing an open envirnment.
Also as mentioned, the uneven sections that are evident through the glass also need to be corrected. On a positive note, the lowering, color change and wheels look good. Keep trying bro, the best way to improve is to keep choppin!

stylemaster
03-07-2007, 03:59 PM
^ Ha Ha, sorry Stylemaster, I guess I got off on my pen tool soapbox.

Regarding your chop: One big problem I see is the lack of reflection associated to your BG.
Being in among such tree cover, there would certainly be tree shadow all over your car. (Notice the ground)
You would be better off choosing an open envirnment.
Also as mentioned, the uneven sections that are evident through the glass also need to be corrected. On a positive note, the lowering, color change and wheels look good. Keep trying bro, the best way to improve is to keep choppin!

well i´m trying, sadly i have time to chop only on my weekends,and sometimes not even then :( but i´m giving my best (atleast trying lol)