PDA

View Full Version : .:ace:. vs martinpliksh :)

.:ace:.
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
original:
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=10543&size=1024

pliksh

800 by 600
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1900/vwgolfr32io4.jpg

high res: http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5894/vwgolfr32vg0.jpg[/QUOTE]

800 x 600:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5463/extremegolf800cb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

high res:
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=extremegolfyk5.jpg

chopperkidd44
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
I like both but i have to go with pilksh cuz its executed better imo. Ace, ur chop is top notch nonetheless but the front bumper looks off and same with the hood vents.

MartinPliksh
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
no 1 sed mine was extreme?
lol, I knew yours was going to be extreme :D
Great work on this one Ace I can see you had fun with this one, and it looks great, love those rims, good luck

WildmanProductions
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
at first glance I thought that for sure ACE had this thing in the bag, but after comparing both of them to the originial and looking at the details I'm going to have to say Pliksh was the winner here, the black paint is flawless and everything else is extremely well done and clean cut. ACE i think you went a little to Xtreme on this one

Mike Minnillo
07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
both chops are top notch. definitely some of the better talent on the site. ace, your chops get more and more extreme every time. plikish, thats one of the most flawless paint jobs and bg swaps. im gonna have to go with pliksh on this one, because the cleanliness of the chop is beautiful.

biniban
07-25-2007, 11:55 PM
http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/upload/imagehosting/thum_1395946a81a1abf392.jpg (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=579)

Yo ace man you aced him on this chop i'm looking forward to challenging you.

barbaricacidman
07-26-2007, 06:02 AM
pliksh for me, both cars looks stunning to me but ace's paint job just doesn't seem quite right around the body work!

bear in mind i know nothing about nothing so i may be talking rubbish though!

PSDavinci
07-26-2007, 12:55 PM
WTF?
OK I'll admit, two expert choppers, head to head competition, two nearly flawless examples of opposing styles, clean versus extreme.
Quite the antithesis.
Both worked hard on their entries.
But c'mon, break it down for what it is, a battlle of chop superiority.
What is the elemental reason for a chop battle?
Its a challenge to test the limits not only of a ones skills but also their creativity.
Based on that, Ace is the clear winner.
Martins chop is nice, but lets face it, it almost doesnt look like a chop.
Not much has been done to the car.
He added a skirt, changed the color and added reflections.
It doesnt appear to be lowered and he didnt even change the rims.
This is a freakin battle folks!
These are staple elements of a chop!
If this was submitted just as a chop I guarantee you would see the typical blase' responses like.. "Nice and clean but not much done."
In terms of technical difficulty and overall modification to the car, which is the focal point of any chop, he's clearly been out done.

Battle Summary:
Ace stormed the battlefield in a berserker rage, donned in chain mail with a bastard sword in one hand and a mace in the other.
Martin, cowered in his leather girkin and played his flute.

Ace slayed him!

WildmanProductions
07-26-2007, 01:28 PM
so basically davinci, according to you the whole idea of a chop off is to add as much stuff as possible and to rebrush the entire thing until it no longer even hints a resemblence to the car it formerley was?
It all boils down to matter of opinion
I myself am not a fan of extravagent bodykits and vents and spoilers
in which case Pliksh has none of those: Pliksh- 1 point
Aces paint and wide body lack the hard shadows that are so prevelent on the other parts he did not rebrush
while plikshes paint was flawless: Pliksh- 2 points
so when i tally up my scores it seems to me that Pliksh ahs beat him fair and square

07-26-2007, 01:52 PM
wildman i totally agree with you on the lack of hard shadows on my chop. this was the first full "extreme chop" ive ever done and realy the first chop ive realy thought about the reflections.

im glad so many of you support not only me but pliksh as well. i am 90% happy with the way mine has come out so you mite all be seeing an update in the chops area very soon.

but as for the battle thanks for the votes but i think the winner is very clear.

oh and davinci cheers for the support. you have msn??

tovar
07-26-2007, 01:52 PM
i personally, dont like ovesized kits and extreme stuff in general, i like subtle and smooth things, and in chopping my main aim is nice looks, realism and style which has to suite the car. so there we go, plikshes chop may be a lil too simple, and maybe not so much effort put into it, but i prefer it cuz of the style and realism.
aces on the other hand is too extreme for me and not enough real, but i appreciate the effort.

so at the end of the day, it still IS a matter of personal opinnion which we all have the right to have, and no one has the right to change it or affect it against our will. and you CANNOT discuss about that.

aaaw, what a mess....

essex boy luke
07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
there both great, but im voting for ace :D

barbaricacidman
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
It doesnt appear to be lowered and he didnt even change the rims.

If you look a little closer you will notice Pliksh car IS lowered and HAS changed the rims! if im not mistaken i would say they are audi rims!

Carty
07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I agree with Wildman.. my chops are never extreme.. always subtle and realistic... my goal is to not notice it's a chop

Martin is the clear winner to me

PSDavinci
07-26-2007, 05:10 PM
so basically davinci, according to you the whole idea of a chop off is to add as much stuff as possible and to rebrush the entire thing until it no longer even hints a resemblence to the car it formerley was?
It all boils down to matter of opinion
I myself am not a fan of extravagent bodykits and vents and spoilers
in which case Pliksh has none of those: Pliksh- 1 point
Aces paint and wide body lack the hard shadows that are so prevelent on the other parts he did not rebrush
while plikshes paint was flawless: Pliksh- 2 points
so when i tally up my scores it seems to me that Pliksh ahs beat him fair and square

OMG, the backlash.
Dude, as you said, "it all boils down to opinion", so I gave mine and now your bustin' my balls. ??? :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I like Martins entry very much and I acknowledge him as quite the skilled chopper, but as stated to me its so clean and comes across as basically stock, and subsequently I feel that it doesnt represent well as a competition chop. I also feel it doesnt portray as much effort and advanced ability as Aces does.

As it turns out the contrast is going to make for a good comp.

07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
and the vote seems to have changed??

martin while im writing this its 8 to you and 9 to me???

i thought you had this 1 in the bag? only time will tell now :)

tovar
07-26-2007, 05:56 PM
he probably would win judging by the votes in the posts, but seems like your voters are too lazy to write something.

MartinPliksh
07-26-2007, 06:08 PM
lol, I knew this would happen, Theres the people who love extremeness, the more extreme the more obvious the changes are, me and ace both did different styled of chops, each required roughly the same amount of skill

He whent extreme and I went on this principle --> "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." vote for whatever style you like, after all its your opinion... but don't try to say i "Not much has been done to the car"

heres a break down of the chop, just for interest sake
- colour change to black (brushing and copy and paste), not exactly an easy mod, took forever to do
- Made my own rims using the original parts and based on audi A8's, again.. not exactly easy
- Made my own bg, using multiple donors
- Brushed the interior through the window
and then more simple mods like HID lights and so forth

This comment turned out to be longer than I wanted :o

WildmanProductions
07-26-2007, 06:46 PM
OMG, the backlash.
Dude, as you said, "it all boils down to opinion", so I gave mine and now your bustin' my balls. ??? :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I like Martins entry very much and I acknowledge him as quite the skilled chopper, but as stated to me its so clean and comes across as basically stock, and subsequently I feel that it doesnt represent well as a competition chop. I also feel it doesnt portray as much effort and advanced ability as Aces does.

As it turns out the contrast is going to make for a good comp.

not so much backlash as a catch 22
But in the parts I've bolded your basically saying that you think just because ACE had the most xtreme chop that he is the winner?
"I also feel it doesnt portray as much effort and advanced ability as Aces does."
brushing a poorly shaded and disproportioned wide body does come across to me as either time consuming or adavncded

this is not written to offend anyone, especialy the competitors and davinci I'm just expressing my opinion and the 1st amendment which always seems to come back and bite you in the *** haha

PSDavinci
07-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Haha, I love it!
Look at those numbers, neck and neck!
A little campaigning works wonders for voting.

OK i have one last clarificaton and im through commenting on this.
Once again, I did not say or mean to imply that Marty didnt do anything, but rather that it "appears" that way.
Why? Because he did things like slightly modifying the SAME RIMS (barbaric).

Hey thanks Wildman for finally agreeing with me ^"I also feel it doesnt portray as much effort and advanced ability as Aces does."
It takes a big man to admit hes wrong.
No offense taken by the way.

WildmanProductions
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
no harm no foul
cheers bro

Carty
07-26-2007, 11:07 PM
I see what Davinci is cominn at

in battles it seems that number of mods need sto be more obvioss because not everyone boting is going to realise ohw hard a black color change is

I still think ace has a great chop...and in most cases, won't lose many battles.. but the turn out of MP's chop is just amazing... and I like the design more

MartinPliksh
07-27-2007, 02:19 AM
As long as everyone understands that whilst the chop looks relatively simple, the mods took forever to do, I was just going for a clean look in the end (I already love the car like it was originally), because most my other chops have been extreme

Once again good work Ace, you've taken the lead at 9-11 :D

edit:
Why? Because he did things like slightly modifying the SAME RIMS (barbabric).
just to point out, It was actually harder to make those rims then if i had of c&p another set :D

07-28-2007, 04:45 AM
nice battle pliksh. i can understand just how hard the colour change was and you did a remarcable job. honestly when i saw your chop i thought i was gonna get kicked but i think ppl were voting on the normal stuff like number of mods.

we will have to do another soon!.

gd chop

biniban
07-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Yo man i agree with Davinci when you do a mod it must change the original look of the car,
But it musn't look like a totally different car.

http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/upload/imagehosting/thum_1395946a81a1abf392.jpg (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=579)

biniban
07-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Yo man i agree with Davinci when you do a mod it must change the original look of the car,
But it musn't look like a totally different car.

09-18-2007, 08:38 AM
old thread.

WildmanProductions
09-18-2007, 04:03 PM
old thread.

then why did you bump it?

PSDavinci
09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Probably to see who would wisecrack the bump !

Ha Ha, you just been Rarobi-ized! :D

WildmanProductions
09-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Probably to see who would wisecrack the bump !

Ha Ha, you just been Rarobi-ized! :D

sounds erotic :eek:

lollercaust