PDA

View Full Version : My Contest #54 Entry

Tony L
08-11-2007, 02:32 PM
if my skills were up to par it would look a ton nicer, I'm trying to learn how make paint look like well not flat and the edges cleaner. But this was my idea for the contest entry

I based it off the old 38 fords with the chop tops and bubble backs and huge fenders. added some foose wheels, and a big brake kit. with an accent stripe. nothing great but this is fun!

http://www.tlstunts.com/altimasm.jpg

Full Size: http://www.tlstunts.com/altima.jpg

joemomma95
08-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Rims look to bright for the picture...I like the idea of the chop top but it might be too low for me, and there's a few sketchy spots on the front and rear pillars where you joined the roof back together...I like the accent stripe but it doesn't really flow with the body towards the front, it's too straight and the lines look jagged on it. Other than that stuff I like the looks of it, fix a few things and you've got a good shot on the contest..

.:ace:.
08-12-2007, 02:06 AM
i was looking at it and noticed that you just cut the back off? looks like some nutter with a large saw just attacked it. You need to shade and highlight where parts are addd or subtracted so that it all flows and looks real not just cut it off. lol

yeh the rims are a little bright and ive never seen brake calipers sitting at the top of the disk?

its ok but i think i need some work to look real.

Tony L
08-12-2007, 02:46 AM
i was looking at it and noticed that you just cut the back off? looks like some nutter with a large saw just attacked it. You need to shade and highlight where parts are addd or subtracted so that it all flows and looks real not just cut it off. lol

yeh the rims are a little bright and ive never seen brake calipers sitting at the top of the disk?

its ok but i think i need some work to look real.

I thought the same thing about the brake calipers on top too... But that company actually places the caliper on top of the rotor... I know weird? they actually are designed for the old T buckets i guess. the rims are kinda bling :D Foose wheels are always kinda stick out but i need to maybe kick it down a few notches.

I tried really hard to get the back right but i just couldn't do it for some reason. Again I'm all self taught in photoshop so any tips always help.

Thanks for the help !

.:ace:.
08-12-2007, 02:49 AM
yeh i agree about the rims being kinda bling! lol

are you saying nissan do this to there cars? top mounted calipers?

go check out my version of this in the wip section!

Tony L
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
yeh i agree about the rims being kinda bling! lol

are you saying nissan do this to there cars? top mounted calipers?

go check out my version of this in the wip section!

yeah i'll tone the rims down next chop lol!

But the calipers mounted on top were more like the old t bucket style. my dad had some on his i guess with the spoke wheels they always wanted to keep the caliper towards to the top of the rim in case of road debris... not that that seems like a problem. I'll try to track down a few pics of my dads old Tbucket.