PDA

View Full Version : Skyline GT-R

voda48
10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
So I haven't posted in a while, really busy in general and haven't really chopped in months. I was surprised to see that nobody had chopped the new GT-R yet, but then again the car is pretty damn hot as it is. I merely played around for about an hour and change. This is the end result.

Orginal:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6745/8ae771794046386e01d2655wp4.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8ae771794046386e01d2655wp4.jpg)

My version:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3608/nissangtrxf5.jpg

I appreciate C&C, since I havent done this in a while. I am planning a little more, perhaps two tone roof and new spoiler, but for the time being I would buy either.

GTR
10-25-2007, 08:46 PM
YUCK :D dont like that car one bit not a true skyline
anyway on to your chop very little done but very effective looks good looks alot better than the original

Good chop hope you continue with it :D

Tony Riley
10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
YUCK :D dont like that car one bit not a true skyline
anyway on to your chop very little done but very effective looks good looks alot better than the original

Good chop hope you continue with it :D

Just because it is ugly does not mean it is not a true skyline

....whatever that means....

It is made by nissan, it is 4wd, it is turbocharged, etc... it is everything
the old 90s models were. And for the record, none of those 90s models,
even with that fabulous powerplant, were svelt beauties.

The chop on the other hand...

Is done to an alright standard. It's not bad, but I think I would like to
see less painted area at the rear, and more negative space.

I like the relocated exhaust though.

Keep working at it. I think you can get better results.
TR

voda48
10-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah I am trying to figure out what to put in that space after I filled it in. I was think possible rally lights and turning it into a rally car..... but who knows, it will prob stay unfinished like most of the other chops I start

ndinadis
10-26-2007, 01:14 AM
I really like the center exhaust as well, and agree with tony about the negative space, try re shaping the indents and adding some rear vents there, (look to la mans cars for inspiration)
The other think I thought it needed is some wider tires as your still rocking the skinnies, with such an aggressive car it needs a couple extra inches of rubber I think.
Nice chop overall though, I like the little things like the lowering of the license plate.

.:ace:.
10-26-2007, 03:33 AM
yeh i agree about the skyline comments. i mean yeh the old shape skyline was iconic but time move on designs change and shapes adjust to the modern age.

like the new impreza. what the hell is that. in comparison to the old car its not even close to it.

as for the chop it looks good. a strange view but looks gd.

erric1234
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
wtf are ya talkin bout its not a real skyline, its way more powerful then an old skyline, so why is it not a true skyline, cuz they dont look the same, if so then a MKIV supra is not a true supraa since MKIII looked nothing alike, yet everyone sack rides them, is a new F series ford truck not a true truck because it has luxurys, yet it can hold more, and feel better inside, some people just need to think before they talk

as for the chop, i like it, good job

EMILIO_pr
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
That think of my version?
http://carrito.net/mkportal/modules/gallery/album/a_1310.jpg

Moncef
10-30-2007, 01:56 PM
dont jack other people's threads, and post an original.

EMILIO_pr
10-30-2007, 02:28 PM
dont jack other people's threads, and post an original.

I did not do it with this intention,and also is no rule that it prevents

Moncef
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Even if there's no rule preventing it it's just common courtesy. Start your own thread, like everyone else does. Please :)

kendall_peter
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
that exhaust is sweet, looks really good

voda48
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
I plan on reworking what I have thus far, only prob is it is my anniversary and I wil lbe gone until Monday and then trying to catch up. I will post in this thread an revisions, but dont hold your breath.