PDA

View Full Version : Samskillern : Competition

samskillern
12-19-2003, 02:02 AM
Hi everyone, this is my second attempt now, using the merc from the competition, any comments? advice? tips?

Ta,

Sam

http://samskillern.iwarp.com/mercedes.jpg

dreamv2.0
12-19-2003, 03:36 AM
looks ok for a second chop however there are some things to work on first the body kit shoult have a bottom of dark ness no just a cut off if you understand what im talking about and secondly just not so much lense flare and finaly the paint is a little dark and it takes the detalis out of the body but you will pick all this up as you get better so dont worry about it other than that its ok and maybe you could pic up some experience in the noob classroom theres a few tests in there that could help you out alot good job though

Intrepidatious
12-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Not bad for a second chop at all. Like nogod said, go easy on the lens flare, it tends to darken up the rest of the pic. If you look around the windows/side mirrors and fog lights, you have some rough cuts that detract from the picture.

Looks like you are well on your way though..

stsk8er63
12-19-2003, 09:38 AM
lens flare has got to go

darkrider
12-19-2003, 10:41 AM

lmxloco
12-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Next time, try to find some rims that come off of a car with the same angle. There are a lot of websites out there that feature high end exotics with awesome wheel choices. It seems to me that you used a lot of blur/smudge on it...if you do, try to clean it back up using the paintbrush/airbrush with some defining lines, in either a glare white, or a color similar to the ones you are using. Just look at other pictures of cars for ideas on that. Also, if you notice, there isn't a lot of the 3rd dimension...i.e. there is no passenger side front tire showing, which would at that angle...the front driver side tire looks very 2d, as well as the rear. A simple fix on the tires would be to take a paintbrush, alt-click on a black color near where the existing tires are, and physically draw them in.

Since there isn't much detail in the tires (at least in this case)...it shouldn't look too bad with just the paintbrush. Do keep in mind though that the sidewall should be a tad lighter than the tread part.

Last edited by lmxloco at Dec 19 2003, 03:20 PM