PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Car Out Of Picture

E30Adam
12-20-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm new to photoshop and want to cut a pic of my car out of a photo and put it on a white background but what ever way I try, it always looks awful.

I have tried the polygonal lasso tool but it will not stick to all the edges of the car.

I'm certain that there must be a simple way of doing this and any help would be appreciated!

dreamv2.0
12-21-2003, 02:25 AM
dont get discourraged it just takes a lot of practice and a steadt hand have you tried to quick mask it yet

rickysals
12-23-2003, 11:16 PM
i use a combination of magnetic and polygonal lasso. I dont know what quick mask is or how to use it.

some newbies dont know how to use these tools right. you dont have to get it all in one big selection, you can add to selection, subtract from selection and intersect with selection. use all of these in tandem with both selection tools to cut and trim to an exact selection.

If you are using the magnetic tool, and it won't go where u want it, you can left click to add a point. And if it lays down a point you don't want, you can press 'backspace' on the keyboard and erase this point...same with polygonal lasso.

Take your time and get to know how to use these tools.

:llrac3r
12-24-2003, 03:20 AM
what he said + zoom in close when you use the polygonal lasso so it makes for a much closer shave.

Chopsta
12-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by :llrac3r@Dec 24 2003, 02:20 AM
what he said + zoom in close when you use the polygonal lasso so it makes for a much closer shave.
thats the method i use