PDA

View Full Version : 2008 BMW M3 Coupe W.I.P.

StyleWarz
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi ^^

i started to work on this about one hour ago...

Orig:
http://swspace.de/chops/wip/m3.jpg

W.I.P. (after one hour):
http://swspace.de/chops/wip/m3_wip1.jpg

C&C Welcome :cool:

StyleWarz
11-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Update #1
W.I.P. 2nd Part
http://swspace.de/chops/wip/m3_wip2.jpg

MEGAMAN V5
11-04-2008, 03:33 PM
loose the graphix man front bumper im not too keen on, it works but i just dont like it lol looks to sqare for the car.

What wud look good is side exhausts coming from where the rear window was.....also maybe a little spoiler or something on the rear it looks to bare.

StyleWarz
11-04-2008, 03:44 PM
hmm the problem is... im not good at brushing, thats why i do copy & paste ^^ and the view of this pic is not like others ^^ its kind of an "unique view" lol there are only a few pictures i found to be used as resources for c&p...

the airbrush on the side was just a try ^^ lol

the front bumper comes from an cadillac... ^^ i know it doesnt fit... lol i will change this tomorrow ^^

Mike Minnillo
11-07-2008, 01:24 PM
i kinda like the cadillac lower bumper. looks good to me. but the most obvious part of this chop would be the rear window. if you were to completely change the style of this image, and go with a hot rod style, then maybe the rear window delete would work. but for the sporty style of the M3, its not quite working.

wonderboy
11-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Ive only recently learned how to do brushing as well but before that i did my entire chops with basicaly just copying and pasting. So even though im very glad i finaly got brushing right because it opens up a entire new dimention of possibilities in chopping, chopping's roots will always be copying and pasting. The only thing if you copy and paste a lot is that you realy need a endless supply of donor pictures to choose from to do a decent chop.
As for your car, I feel that to upgrade an iconic car like a m3 is a much, much bigger job than what most people think it is when they start, because a m3 is already a super upgraded 3series, upgraded by people who is the best in what they do in the world. Therefore i dont think a car must get changed realy, maybe add on to what they did but no major changing of parts. If you realy wanna change entire features of their design you need to do a damn good job because a car like this will either look excellent if chopped good or realy realy awkward when done bad with no measures in between. Someone is either gonna love or hate what youve done, then rather do a 328ci or 330 or something because then youre not realy running the risk of having your chop judged at that very high level that a m3 falls under.
What caught my eye imediately was the straight lines of the parts youve changed because everything else on the car is completely rounded. And there must be some gfx that would realy complement this car but i now know its not a gator and on this red car it would have to be another color as well.
When i wanna chop a pic like this i usually try to stick to things that i would be able to change on this car if i had to have one, that mostly works for me!

PatelDesigns
11-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Everyone has a lot of helpful advice. Megaman, i like your idea of the exhaust where the rear window was. One things that's really bugging me is the rear wheel arc, can u push it up and show the whole rear rim.. don't cover it. Looks really weird. Have the arcs hug right around the tires.
Like your work with the grille.
Not really feeling the square front bumper needs to compliment the curves of the car.. keep at it tho