PDA

View Full Version : PSC T-shirt

PSDavinci
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM
OK folks, we have been throwing around the idea for a PSC t-shirt for sometime now and I have been working on and off privately on the idea for several months. Im posting up a design that ive worked up to get some feedback and if you guys really are interested and support the idea of wearing your PSC colors and promoting the site and your craft, im prepared to make it happen.
Ive got certain connections with the industry and have designed and printed many t-shirts over the past few years. The idea would be to make the shirts available to members at a reasonable price and also I hope to convince Mondala to use them as prizes for the contests.
If this flys, we may work some contests to get other (members) designs for future apparel.

Also, we may make these available in hoodies as well.

Front:
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9835/psctshirtmockupfrontcopff9.jpg

Back:
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7291/psctshirtmockupbackcopyua8.jpg

Detal Closeup:
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9096/psctshirtmockupcloseupnh8.jpg

demon designs
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
imentioned this on the thread at the bottom months ago, i have just revived it aswell

kennykro
12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I would wear that

GimpChoppa
12-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Nice work Davinci, I would definately wear one of those.Ony prob I can see is...
[QUOTE=PSDavinci;210305] use them as prizes for the contests.
QUOTE]
...The contests never seem to run?There hasn't been a chop of the month since 2006! Or am I looking in the wrong place?

PSDavinci
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Nice work Davinci, I would definately wear one of those.Ony prob I can see is...The contests never seem to run?There hasn't been a chop of the month since 2006! Or am I looking in the wrong place?

The monthly deal does seem to have disappeared for reasons unknown. :(
We still have the Pasmag contest and that was what I was referring to here.

GimpChoppa
12-06-2008, 10:41 PM
We still have the Pasmag contest
Do we?? I cant find a recent comp, 2007 seems to be the last I can find.Do I have to actually go to the PASMAG site to find them?

PSDavinci
12-06-2008, 11:15 PM
In the Forum look under "Official PSC Contest" section.

WhytBoi
12-07-2008, 03:39 AM
I remember those comps, that's actually how I found the site - the back of pas mags. :D
They used to just take the images from the monthly comps. but at one point, the comps just suddenly died. No comps for, what was it, 3 or 4 months?
Never seen our chops in there since....

But yeah, having some sort of reward should help to bring in more choppers around here.
Just gotta make sure to not let the contests die again....

wonderboy
12-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Damn DaVinci, this is much more than i originaly expected it to look like, very, very impressed!! Anyone who wouldnt like so a t' dont belong here coz this is nice. This gear would definately elevate this site and all of our work to a before unseen level, way above what any other site could ever dream of!
I got a PM from you but before i could look at it i did the top most stupid thing i could, I deleted all my msgs coz i didnt see they were all ticked!! And i cant seem to send you a pm either??

Oh and maybe we even get old website info here at the bottom of the world but I only see old things by all the pasmag forums too, cant seem to get latest cars to chop or even see chops from less than few months old to know if its still running.

white_lancer
01-19-2009, 02:08 AM
maybe you can even check out cafepress.com

demon designs
01-25-2009, 09:21 AM
ok. whats going on..i think we all agree this should be the shirt that we buy. it original and looks the nads. lets get this on the press and start getting the name out there....

PSDavinci
01-26-2009, 11:45 AM
When I presented this, the idea was to see how the response went.
I know Mondala is interested but may be a bit hesitant since there really hasnt been that much positive response to the idea.

demon designs
01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
time to set up a poll and vote then imo....thats the answer guys.

Mondala
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM
The main issue is how it will be managed.. I don't want any inhouse system from myself or any member.. I'd want to use a hosted solution from a vendor that offers merchandise products/services.. any commissions/cut can go into contest prizes.

Maybe we should start with compiling a list of companies that offer this service so I can review which would be best.

Merchandise Vendors:
http://www.cafepress.com

Start list now.

Mikey Tomo
02-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Maybe if you were to give it out to contest winners there winning chop was printed onto the shirt?

PSDavinci
02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
^ You obviously dont understand the process involved in printing T-shirts bro. Costs vary depending on the design, quantities and types of shirts but there is always a setup cost which can be a hundred dollars or more. So its not very likely we would be able to print one-of shirts for contest winners. Nice idea but not very practical or cost effective.

Carty
02-18-2009, 02:22 AM
not too mention having to change the design monthly.. some of us (me) cant finish a chop in a year, let alone a month..

there are a few companies that will take your design and put it on whatever item they sell.. koozi's, tshirts, thongs. whatever.. I would wear that shirt, nice work

PSDavinci
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Mondala heres another company that might work for this.
You cant beat this price per shirt and I belteve they dont even have a minimun.

http://www.vistaprint.com

We already owe a couple of members a shirt (sorry I started a contest and well...took the liberty to make the t-shirt the prize. My bad!) :D

kennykro
08-29-2009, 07:56 PM
What's the story on this stuff, I still want one, my brother can print stuff for shirts now, but is not capable of white ink, I want to make one just for myself.

fattack
08-30-2009, 08:21 AM
If you guys can do international i would frikin love one :D

kennykro
08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure how his printer would work for this, but I will talk to him

PSDavinci
08-30-2009, 10:41 PM
What's the story on this stuff, I still want one, my brother can print stuff for shirts now, but is not capable of white ink, I want to make one just for myself.

I would love to get these made and available too.
I understand Mondalas issue though, of course hes not going to approve anyone marketing anything and profitting from PSC.
He made a suggestion awhile back and I will pursue that and get back to everyone sometime this week.

kennykro
08-30-2009, 10:55 PM
that's wonderful...I don't want to be pushing this, but i hadn't heard anything about it for a while, and I was wondering about it.

PSDavinci
08-31-2009, 10:37 AM
No its good that your pushing bro.
Many have wanted this for a long time and we need to move forward with it.

S_I_N_i_C
08-31-2009, 10:48 AM
XL please!

blackace
08-31-2009, 11:43 AM
A small please :D

fattack
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
frikin xl me baby!

cedjr007
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
ill be a small advertisement

PSDavinci
09-02-2009, 11:46 AM
OK everyone, I have uploaded the design to cafepress and vistaprint.
Theres a few issues I need to bring to your attention.
First one being price.
Since we will essentially be ordering these individually and most likely one at a time, we cant take advantage of quantity pricing. So the price at cafepress is $26.99 and at vistaprint $29.99. Cafepress is the front design only. Vistaprint includes the "Crew" lettering on back. Also, Cafepress only offers the fitted style T which is tight fitting and the shirt color doesnt look deep black, sort of grayish black. Vistaprint has the normal heavy duty cotton T and offers it in deep black black but its at an additional cost of $4.99. They also charge $4.99 for the lettering on the back.
I realize this is expensive for a T-shirt, but it allows single ordering, from anywhere, you chose the size - S,M,L,XL .
If you guys want to go with a white shirt, I can adjust the design and save $5.00.
I think I will order one from Vistaprint to see how it looks.
If we were to order these from a local printer, we could save some on the price but would have to order maybe 20-30, stock several sizes and would most likely get stuck with some. Also shipping would involve added expense and complications.
This is probably the best way to do it.
If you really want a unique shirt that reps the site and what you like to do, then the price isnt that bad. Ive paid more for concert Tshirts that were really cheap grade.
Let me know your thoughts guys.

S_I_N_i_C
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
id send the cash or order one, either way im down

cedjr007
09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
thats not so bad.

fattack
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
firstly davinci from my point of view are you willing to ship these to the uk? if so i'd be more than interested and obviousley cover the cost of the postage from the states

I personally would prefer it to be done by vistaprint purely based on the fact that yes its more money but the whole quality sounds better plus we have vista print over here so its a name i know which means i trust it more

Jonnie
09-02-2009, 05:57 PM
What is the end design of these t-shirts?

Mondala
09-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all the work PSDavinci !

ps. almost have my internet back. (recently moved!)

PSDavinci
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Im trying to see if I can set this up to where members can simply go to one of the sites mentioned and just order their shirts but im having some difficulty. My first choice is Vistaprint as Fattack pointed out, seems to be more international flavored. The problem is I have to set up an account to submit the design. As a result, its locked to my account and all order placing is directed through that account. I want the design to be available for anyone to access and purchase using their own information. Both Vistaprint and Cafepress has this feature where you can set up your own web page shop and sell their products. I dont really have any interest in that but it looks like its the only way to get the design posted for public purchase. This wouldnt be bad except they want a fee of about 50 bucks to get started. So, im still playing around here to see if theres a way to do this short of just posting the print ready graphic and everyone having to go in and do the whole process of setting up their own accounts and laying out the shirt design to be able to place an order.

S_I_N_i_C
09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
want a fee of about 50 bucks to get started
im in for $15, you could pm me your street address, or i could send via paypal.
really wish i had bought my screen press by now, i have wanted to get one for a grip.

Jonnie
09-03-2009, 04:06 PM
So what does the design look like front and back???

kennykro
09-03-2009, 04:09 PM
could someone pm me just the design? and is the shirt supposed to be making the site money, or just promoting the site?

Jonnie
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
could someone pm me just the design? and is the shirt supposed to be making the site money, or just promoting the site?

yeah could get that pm too please?

harrygillis
09-03-2009, 07:20 PM
maybe s PSC store and sell them cause i would really like to have one but would never win a contest

harrygillis
09-03-2009, 07:23 PM
sry i didnt see the last pages!!

PSDavinci
09-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Heres a link to what ive set up in cafepress.
Im not sure if you can purchase from this or not.
Im still struggling to figure out how to get this available for purchase here.

http://groups.cafepress.com/projects/ 177798/shares/ffb83d

kennykro
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
is it just the pic or does it look like the white is not as white as it should be?

PSDavinci
09-03-2009, 11:56 PM
OK, I think i got it.
Heres the link for ordering.

http://www.cafepress.com/PSDavinciArt

I had to set up a shop and the price is actually cheaper than it originally was when I created the design. Only problem is it wont allow the print on the back, I dont understand why?
Kenny - I think its just the pics. They are superimposing a drastically reduced copy of my image into those pics.

kennykro
09-04-2009, 09:37 AM
okay.

fattack
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
ordered placed :D

PSDavinci
09-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah I ordered one too.
We'll see how they come out.
By chance, has anyone seen a shirt on Chopping or VT offered anywhere else?
Are we the first?

cedjr007
09-04-2009, 09:50 PM
i believe PSD . Congrats on making Super Mod

PSDavinci
09-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks bro.
It just appeared out of nowhere. :D

RebelRaven
09-05-2009, 06:11 AM
And why is there not a ladies tee?... Hmm? Hmm? lol

PSDavinci
09-05-2009, 11:56 AM
:eek: OMG, sorry how could I forget about the girls!!

Thanks for the heads up Raven, I took care of it right away.
Your set to go if you want to order.

AzZzA
09-05-2009, 05:09 PM
god damn am gonna order a girls one its cheaper.
no j/k lol hmm am not sure yet :)

fattack
09-05-2009, 06:02 PM
i think we should do PSC boob tubes.......raven and suzq can model them for us i mean we do need to see how they would look obviousley :D.....they only come in one size girls

OS

this means obsenley small :D

woop!

RebelRaven
09-06-2009, 05:41 AM
lol :D

fattack
09-07-2009, 05:15 AM
cheekyness = win lmao

blackace
09-08-2009, 10:27 PM
LOLZ!!! Fattack i like ya thinking dude :D

blackace
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh yeah sorry for the double post aswell but i get to order mine 2morra when mr bank finally says i can have the rest of my money so YAY ME!!! :D