PDA

View Full Version : LPChopperz vs IgorDesigns - Ultimate Battle Final Round

LPChopperz
11-29-2009, 11:19 AM
And here it is the Final Battle that we all been waiting for. Who will be the Ultimate Battle Survivor? :fencing: Good luck to the finalists.:D

Base:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/originalg.jpg

LPChopperz

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/554/finalshit.jpg

IgorDesigns

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3792/chopm.jpg

kennykro
11-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Had to vote for LP, cause he did so much to his. Igor's is a bit to subtle for this, the bg is killer though, can you pm it to me?

LPChopperz
11-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah i want the BG and the wheels donor too please:D Thanks for your vote Kenny:)

IgorDesign
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
My vote goes to LP. Nice design, but I must say it resembles your Mito chop.
I wanted to do more to my chop, but just couldn't make anything work. So ended up with very simple chop.

Here are the donors:
Background - http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1970/autoothersubarublack006.jpg
Front rim - http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3577/dsc03913c.jpg
Rear rim - I can't find rear rim donor, but just type "Tsw Thruxton" in google.

LPChopperz
11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks matey Igor.. I had the inspiration to do it like the Mito...But i like the result:)

PSDavinci
11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
This was a difficult assignment. The base was not an easy choice, especially being a wagon.
Both chops are good and exhibit skill and creativity.
I voted LP because he did what had to be done to make a boring car look exciting.
Which is the prime objective of chopping.
Congrats to both Igor and LP for making it to the final round.

LPChopperz
11-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks mate:D Can a moderator write "Ultimate Battle Winner" underneath my User name?:D Or is it too much!:D LOL!

AzZzA
11-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I love igors theres just not enough, it is the final round and i was thinking extreme. LPChopperz wasnt extreme but closest i love his its a real work of art so well done mate.

@LP i think UB Champ 09. something like that under your name maytee :D
have another one next year :D

LS design
11-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I vote for LP because there is much more done to it:). Both of you made a really good chop BTW:).

cedjr007
11-29-2009, 04:13 PM
awesome job both you guys i voted LP for the Awesome degree of execution and amount of work done. Igor you deserved to be here you whipped plenty of people here in battles and i congrat you for making it this far.

mglavina
11-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of the voters and go for Igors, simply because his kicked some absolute @ss IMO. Let me get started.

As some of you may know, I picked this base simply because of the difficult reflections on the side of the car. LP left these reflections and just changed the upper portion of the background which is IMO, "taking the easy way out". Surely, an "ultimate" chopper should have advanced brushing skills at this point and should be able to remove and re-create new reflections. Another thing that really bothered me about LP's chop was how almost every portion form the original photo looks like it was desaturated, I understand it may be a silver car but I would rather like to see you match your chopped body parts to the original car color and once again, by just desaturating everything your are "taking the easy way out". No color matching is required. Even if the car is suposed to chrome or silver, reflections should be in colour from the sky and bg. It looks odd when you look at the interior and side windows in strong color then you see the body of the car.
Another thing, when converting a car to a coupe you can't just eliminate the rear door and call it a day because coupes have longer doors. The door should be extended back to at least the curved section of the side skirt. Last but not least, the front rim looks warped and not round enough, I'm not sure where the donor is from though, I could be wrong. Sorry to rip the chop apart but there are so many things I've noticed... I've seen a lot of short cuts and just from my experience I can spot a lot of things that some newer choppers might not see at first.

Moving on to Igors,
His chop looks very clean, simple and realistic. No it doesn't have a body kit but how many wagons do you see on the road with body kits anyways? Realism is something that gets my vote and that's just the way I do things. I love the rim choice, perfect for this type of car and the tire tread detail is great. Nice work with the reflections of the dirt on the side of the car, that's all I really wanted to see get done. The background suits the chop, I like the overal theme.

Great work to both of you, again my vote goes to Igor. Just a reminder to make sure you spend some time looking at the high res. versions of both chops before you jump in and make your call.

Give yourself a pat on the back and skip your next english class if you read this entire comment :D. Cheers.

sih393
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
^^

Enough said. Can't really add anything to that!

Both works are really good but I think Igor's is a few steps higher in the execution as the high res is really good. The style is pretty awesome for the car too.

blackace
11-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Never thought of it like what mglavina said, now that im looking at it he did do an awesome job on it and its techinaccly better exucted than LP, congratz on both of you, but i wanna change my vote to Igor lolz, sorry LP

mglavina
11-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Again I don't want to sound harsh but it really looks like people quickly just reviewed the two entries briefly and noticed that LP did more modifications. Guys, don't forget, this is the ultimate battle, some people don't care anymore probably because they're eliminated, but a few months ago when we were deciding this it was something huge; keep it that way.

LPChopperz
11-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey no worries guys i appreciate that! WOW sounds like mglavina it's agree and wanted Igor to win...Yeah i went the easy way just like Igor did on his:D LOL! But i don't understand why Igors is better though... I mean ok it's a bit more realistic but hey..IT REMAINS A BORING CAR!!!!:D

IgorDesign
11-30-2009, 04:21 AM
^^^
LP don't make me come up there. :D

As I said I started with more extreme body kit but just couldn't pull it off, so ended up with stock body kit.

LPChopperz
11-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Up there? You mean......on the top?:D LOL joking man! It's ok bro..You did great too.. Anw i am speechless at the moment cause i survived the battle... Just let me celebrate you guys..Drink some beers maybe a scotch?:D

IgorDesign
11-30-2009, 07:02 AM
^^^ !Congrats to the winner! ^^^
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

S_I_N_i_C
11-30-2009, 12:17 PM
i also voted lp, sick chop mate, one of your best.
nice one guys

LPChopperz
11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
^^^ !Congrats to the winner! ^^^

Thanks SINIC mate...Thanks guys:) When i came here before 7 months ago i didn't knew lots of chopping... i mean i knew to chop but not that good. You guys made me better; your comments where encouraging enough to move on a higher level! Of course i have lots and lots to learn..So thanks for all the votes you gave me all the way up here and thank you all for your help and support.. Big kisses to all:D

I AM THE ULTIMATE BATTLE CHAMP 2009:first:

Don't forget that Igor got the 2nd place. :second:

mglavina
11-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Not to ruin the mood but the poll isn't over yet now is it? lol.

kennykro
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah...congrats to both of you. LP, you know this only raises the bar for you, we are gonna expect a lot more from you now.

LPChopperz
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
No it isn't over but imo......it's game over! LOL:) And yes Kenny i am expecting a lot from me also:D

RU$$1AN
11-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Absolutely lovin both chops, awesome work guys, but voting fro LP cause he did more changes to the car.