PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic

Carenilsen
12-18-2009, 09:11 AM
This is the Honda Civic I've been modifying for the last couple of days.
Hope you like it, comments are welcome :)
Please say what you dont like to. If not, I won't learn anything from it.

Original:
http://i50.tinypic.com/ndtwtw.jpg

Chop:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cqny0z.jpg

- Thanks for all comments in the WIP section.
- Enjoy!

nathstewart
12-18-2009, 09:15 AM
well done mate that looks really good i love the vent and side skirt, only thing i would say that is wrong with it is the carbon fibre is too dark atm if you make it abit lighter and add some hue to it that should make it look more real. 10/10 keep it up

Johnsen
12-18-2009, 11:16 AM
It looks pretty decent. Not much done. THe intakes in the sides doesnt look real. looks like it got brushed, and then resized. Very wierd. Also, black is very bad to do shadows with on the paint. Always use a darker tone of the original. But Keep it up, and tr making bigger prejects to learn anything, you need to take on challenges. ;)

Carenilsen
12-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you for the comments. I didn't resize it but ok, I'm going to take your advice and do bigger projects later :)

ahmed92
12-18-2009, 04:09 PM
looks great but how you do the intakes in the sides

Enforcer
12-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice, but the rear arch needs more definition.

The carbon needs to have a closer weave pattern than you've used. Also try using the twirl filter and/or the warp transformation to compliment the curves of the body work and lowering the contrast a little wouldn't hurt either:D

Reckoner
12-19-2009, 04:58 AM
I agree. The carbon needs to be a tad lighter and have a LITTLE bit of a greenish hue. And the pattern needs to be smaller. I don't think the side looks that bad to be honest. I kinda like it. Maybe a little blurry but good none the less.

IgorDesign
12-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow nice chop. Very clean. :thumb:
Don't know, I like the carbon, think it looks ok.

PSDavinci
12-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Nice clean chop.
Im gonna be honest here guys, I see alot of you doin the carbon fender thing and on a racer I guess its alright but on a street car it simply looks goofy and really ruins the whole chop IMO.
I mean just lookin at this pic, you have this nice car with this ugly black patch on it.
Totally dorked.
What kind of idiot does this in reality?
Carbon hoods, wings, spoilers, trim pieces etc. arent bad, but this look I simply dont get. I fully understand the idea of using carbon pieces to lighten the car but doin this on a nice street car is plain stupid.

Carenilsen
12-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Haha, nice your being honest.
Thank you for telling me, and I won't make the same mistake again :)