PDA

View Full Version : POLL: HHR noob-ish comp

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-25-2010, 01:13 PM
kinda considered noob comp with the exception of badblood lol who only did C&P on this one
ORIGINAL:

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/stolen18heater/CLUTCH_CONTROL%20photochops/th_Chevrolet-HHR_SS_2008_1600x1200_wal.jpg (http://s641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/stolen18heater/CLUTCH_CONTROL%20photochops/?action=view&current=Chevrolet-HHR_SS_2008_1600x1200_wal.jpg)

CLUTCH_CONTROL

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/stolen18heater/CLUTCH_CONTROL%20photochops/ChevroletHHR.jpg

BadBlood

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5169/hhrcomp.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/hhrcomp.jpg/)

Luke Jones

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/lukej6009/_Chevrolet-HHRentry.jpg

zoomypup

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4225/chevyj.jpg

Lucaz

http://i48.tinypic.com/3005d15.png

first time setting up a poll so i hope it showed up :)

blackace
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Luke Jones wins for me hands down, but good work fella's :D

luke_jones
01-25-2010, 02:13 PM
All in all not a bad turnout for a "noob" comp. Seems like for the most part there's just some minor things here and there for most of them that would make them absolutely great. Good stuff guys!

mat_splat
01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Luke wins it for me too. Glad I gave up now really, I wasnt even close

BadBlood
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
nice work guys

for some reason , lucaz' post wont load properly

its actually pretty hard for me to not brush anything , no more restrictions for me from now on , lol

what happened to bellwop?

sl0w_rid3r_25
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM
it came down to a close pick between clutch and luke. luke eventually got my vote bc it was a lil cleaner but nice chops from all the entrees n the battle

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
yea luke's chop is really nice i even voted for you :) ( might regret it later but yea really clean lol)
@badblood lucaz's load fine for me so idk why you couldnt see it
i hope this is a close one i tried hard but obviously need more experience.
maybe clean was the way to go on this chop :P

luke_jones
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
You have to go into it thinking its not always how much you do, but how well you execute the things that you do. When I started chopping I always tried to do every add on I could think of. Now I try to do things that look good, but make sure I watch all the details I can think of. Shadows from the fender on top of the tires is one people always miss for instance. These all looked very good...there was some good ideas in them all.

I didn't make many changes, but some of the ones I did were subtle...if you look I stretched the driver door a bit, only to make the proportions seem right after deleting the back door and extending the window. Also tried to enhance some of the existing lines and shadows using the burn and dodge tool.

Anyway...great job everyone. And thanks for the comments/votes

*Edit: and if it makes you feel any better, I voted for you clutch. :)

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
^ yea i normally try to keep them simple but i kinda wanted to go alittle more crazy and try to make it a tuner look also but yea your chop is awesome and i am noticing the small details you changed. im definetly learning what to do and what not to do but it obviously takes alot of time :)
i know what you mean about the wheel shadow also, im using paint.net so im not sure how to shadow on it lol i think it also needs shadow under the door by the fender but im working on it :)

luke_jones
01-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Ya, I'm not sure how you do that stuff. But ya under that open door is another place it needs a shadow to give it more depth. And ya all it takes is practice I've still got a long ways to go myself...theres a ton of stuff I havent figured out how to do in photoshop.

Lucaz
01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
thats not fair :( mines not loading <.<

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
thats not fair :( mines not loading <.<

yours loads fine for me im sorry its not working for you, i could try to post your chop again if you want

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-26-2010, 10:54 AM
why did you feel the need to vote for your own chop lucaz? i made the poll public so i was hoping no one would vote for themselves:mmph:

luke_jones
01-26-2010, 11:43 AM
They all load for me just fine. /shrug

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-26-2010, 07:49 PM
:bump: anyone else want to vote on this? i would like sum C&C :D

Lucaz
01-26-2010, 11:46 PM
why did you feel the need to vote for your own chop lucaz? i made the poll public so i was hoping no one would vote for themselves:mmph:sorry i didn't realise we weren't suppose to vote for ourselves until after i voted. :confused: :frown:

mat_splat
01-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Thats what they all say

Lucaz
01-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Thats what they all say:( oh well, whats done is done mat lol

luke_jones
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey look at it this way...either way I'm gonna win:D

AzZzA
01-27-2010, 03:13 PM
So? ... Don't be so cocky dude.

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
either way i still think i did good on my chop considering this is only maybe my 3rd finished chop ever so im improving slowly :D and Lucaz i figured everyone would just have the common sense not to vote for their own, doesnt seem right :P oh well

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
i underestimated luke jones because i saw the noob title thing before but i just noticied his join date lol you have so much more experience than me but its all in good fun and thats a hella nice chop :P

luke_jones
01-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I wasn't trying to be cocky Azza just making light of the voting situation. And Clutch, I kinda figured as much, so I did my best not to brush on this car though some of it couldn't be avoided. I too was just trying to have fun, and I think everyone's chops turned out well with great ideas in them all. There's just small details that are learned over time that would make them great. I personally didn't have too many cool ideas for this car so it was just a smooth 2door sedan delivery type look I was going for.

Anyway...was a fun comp to do...glad to see some active people being creative :)

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-27-2010, 10:08 PM
yea im trying to get as involved as i can on here this chop was fun and everyone did awesome, i already want to do another battle on a unique car again :P

S_I_N_i_C
01-28-2010, 12:44 PM
i voted bad blood, the rims suit it , although the color is meh.
i liked the b.g swap also.nicceee, just throw some reflections from your new b.g.
clutch, you would have had my vote if you had left that door alone.
lucaz, the car itself should have been darkened a bit and toned down for the new nighttime b.g. the front wheel is off, beyond that, cool chop.
xoomy, not enough time spent on this one man
luke, nice one with the graff thrown on there, the rims are..meh...and your front end is pitch black on my monitor.

PSDavinci
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Well I voted for BB too.
I really like lukes entry but feel the same as SINiC regarding the front.
I can see though that luke has some excellant skills.
This is a tough base to really do greatness with, but everybody managed to throw in some decent creativity.
Oh BTW Lucaz, I pulled your self vote, thats a no-no bro.
Try to re-vote for someone else.

CLUTCH_CONTROL
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
^ thanks for pulling that vote psdavinci :) i knew it wasnt fair for him to do that , everyone did awesome on this because it was a tough car to make look this good, and badblood's chop is really nice and clean, could i maybe get the donor for those rims bud? :D

luke_jones
01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
It started off with the front not being too bad, but I started messing with the color curves to darken the image...and then got lazy and didn't go back to the front :P I'll dig around and offer up some base images that could be fun...but with some contests coming up soon elsewhere I don't know how much time there will be for it (at least for me) Plus I kind of have choppers block atm...staring at several bases I would love to chop for myself and can't talk myself into starting any of them.

Lucaz
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
..Oh BTW Lucaz, I pulled your self vote, thats a no-no bro.
Try to re-vote for someone else.I said i was sorry :( i learned my lesson.

PSDavinci
01-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Thats ok bro, your forgiven.
Im just trying to correct things.