PDA

View Full Version : Project Vectra

razor designs
08-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, I've been working on designing a unique Vauxhall Vectra and would like your C & C

I know there's a lot of mistakes so far like the front bumper is a little squashed on the left side, the back of the car, along the back window needs more work too and the back bumper is a bit dodgy lol, but would like to hear what everyone thinks of it

Its a long way from being finished, I just need your honest opinions so I can get it perfect

I traced the outline of a standard Vectra estate and also took the head lights from a standard Vectra, I just tinted them, the rest is all done by me, the engine is a donor too lol

Oh, I should also mention, this is my first time doing a car from scratch lol

Here it is so far:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6185/6046567145_136f7a1693_b.jpg

nathstewart
08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
for a first attempt it aint looking to bad so far !, for now all id say is where youve used the line tool to highlight around the edges tone done the brightness of the red and then use the smudge option in the menus to blend it in abit more..its still early days so i wont pick to much :P

fattack
08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
urm :/ im confused, the quality of brushing and design work here far FAR exceeds that of the peugeot you've posted recently.....honestly is this your design or have you had help doing it?

razor designs
08-19-2011, 09:46 AM
urm :/ im confused, the quality of brushing and design work here far FAR exceeds that of the peugeot you've posted recently.....honestly is this your design or have you had help doing it?

No, no help, it's all by me apart from the mentioned parts, I spent over 3 day's doing this one, the Peugeot I spent about hour on

This one was mainly done using the lasso tool and the fill tool, where as the Peugeot was done with the pen tool and the brush tool

fattack
08-20-2011, 06:22 AM
ahhhhhhhhh that kinda makes sense :)