PDA

View Full Version : Problems

joemomma95
02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Some might know I had problems viewing and uploading and downloading pictures before. Bought a new computer, thought everything was good, but then I go to dieselstation.com and all they're wallpapers look like this to me...
http://joemomma.250free.com/scrnshot.jpg

Someone explain this to me, looks all choppy doesn't it? I don't have probelms with highresautoimages.com or carandmodel.com, seems like just dieselstation.com....I'm e-mailing back and forth to dieselstation owner but he doesn't really know either.

And before anyone says it, I did try the same thing in Interenet Explorer and got the same results.

All help is appreciated!!

dreamv2.0
02-11-2004, 08:47 PM
here joe i found another fix

America Online utilizes graphics compression software that speeds up the delivery of web pages to it's members by compressing images and various multimedia applications. Images that are BMP, GIF or JPG are converted into the proprietary Johnson-Grace image format .ART. All AOL members have the option of deselecting "Used Compressed Graphics" in their Web Preferences.

joemomma95
02-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Yup, did that one, still looks like what you see here...

dreamv2.0
02-11-2004, 08:51 PM
ok then try this we will figure this out

This is a Caching issue. In your WWW preferences you can set your history to "0" pages and clear the History. You must also delete the files in your Temporary Internet Files folder.

Holding down the "Control" key on your keyboard and simultaneously mouse-clicking on the Browser Reload icon while the browser window is active will also clear your cache and display the latest data from the website.

For AOL 3.0: 1. Select "Preferences/WWW" from the File menu 2. CHECK the box for "UNCOMPRESSED GRAPHICS"

For AOL 4.0: 1. Select "MY AOL" on the AOL Toolbar and then select "Preferences" 2. Click on the "WWW" button, then "Web Graphics" 3. UNCHECK the box for "Use Compressed Graphics"

For AOL 5.0: 1. Select "MY AOL" on the AOL Toolbar and then select "Preferences" 2. Click on the "WWW" button 3. Select the "Web Graphics" tab (across the top) 4. UNCHECK the box for "Use compressed graphics" 5. Click on OK to save your changes 6. Click the X in the upper right corner to close the "Preferences" window

joemomma95
02-11-2004, 08:57 PM
You've got me totally confused now, what in the hell you talkin about? I try to follow but don't forget I'm pretty much computer illiterate.

BTW, I have AOL 9.0 now, don't know if that'll make a difference...

Edit: did history to '0' and deleted temp files.....pics still look the same

Last edited by joemomma95 at Feb 11 2004, 08:00 PM

dreamv2.0
02-11-2004, 08:58 PM
clear your history delete all your cookies

joemomma95
02-11-2004, 09:00 PM
^^Done, same thing still with the pictures :blink:

dreamv2.0
02-11-2004, 09:10 PM
if you want i can email you the pic as an attachment that way we can see if it looks fine

joemomma95
02-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Yeah, try that..please. Wanna get this thing figured out for good.

joenlisa84@aol.com

Thanks again!!

dreamv2.0
02-12-2004, 06:34 AM
message sent theres two copies of the same pic one should load on the page andthe other one is an attachment save the attachment where you normaly save your pics and compare them the attachment one should be clearer ;)

Last edited by nogod666 at Feb 12 2004, 05:35 AM

joemomma95
02-12-2004, 06:43 PM
OK, I got your E-mail, the picture in the E-mail was a red X. I d/l the attachment into my folder and it looks about 500 times better than what you see above, probably exactly what it should look like. So what now? I really want all of those dieselstation pics available to me...

dreamv2.0
02-13-2004, 12:46 AM
it seem just to be a prob with your internet the rest of your screen doesnt look like that so its just the internet i would just go ahead and get ahold of aol and see what they think but it looks like it only does it to pics of big size maybe aol's color properties screwed up and make sure you have the newest version of ie since aol runs off of ie they could have a fix out that we just havent found yet.

joemomma95
02-13-2004, 12:57 AM
I will try, thanks again..

MRWILDE
02-13-2004, 08:03 AM
What happens if you use Internet Explorer or Netscape. Do the images look ok with another browser?

rickysals
02-13-2004, 02:14 PM
AOL is satan. I used it for 3 days when I had to stay at my uncle's house, and I will NEVER again use it. If I had to use a computer, but use AOL... just hand me a playstation controller, because you guys would never see me again.. I HATE AOL!!!

dreamv2.0
02-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by MRWILDE@Feb 13 2004, 07:03 AM
What happens if you use Internet Explorer or Netscape. Do the images look ok with another browser?
for some reason it does the same thing in ie but i dont think hes tried netscape yet ;)

Anthony Montelo
02-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bigrick@Feb 13 2004, 01:14 PM
AOL is satan. I used it for 3 days when I had to stay at my uncle's house, and I will NEVER again use it. If I had to use a computer, but use AOL... just hand me a playstation controller, because you guys would never see me again.. I HATE AOL!!!
I hate aol too. Went on a friends internet to go to here. God i never posted. took 5 minutes to get to the main site. thats why we NEVER use his pc ever. we use mine.