PDA

View Full Version : Saving Images

4play
04-26-2004, 07:33 AM
HELP! im having trouble saving my photoshoped pics. It will only let me save them using the photoshop program. I cant save them as a normal jpeg image. Ive tried opening the saved pics using different programs but the only one that will work is "open with photoshop"

What am i doing wrong?

hynt
04-26-2004, 10:47 AM
when u go to the save as menu, click on the drop down box that says photoshop .psd and go down to .jpeg

hope u understand :D

4play
04-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks but i tried that and it didnt work. Finaly worked out a way to save them. Im just going in to export, then saving them all. It works so im happy.

Thanks again

hynt
04-26-2004, 12:47 PM
the image can only have one layer in order to save it as a jpeg

just thought u should know :D

joemomma95
04-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by hyntkid@Apr 26 2004, 11:47 AM

Not really, I can work on a psd and then when I'm ready to save as jpeg that's what I do. And it save all the layers squished together into one, a jpeg is produced...unless you meant something else :unsure: ...

Mondala
04-27-2004, 01:28 AM
When you goto the File menu > Save AS

You can choose the image file type you would like to save as of couse...
then you will be prompted to flatten the image or lose layers if needed.
photoshop will let you know.

psd, tiff for example can save layers.

if your image is full of layers and you choose jpg then that is fine, you will just be notified that all layers will be lost and it will flatten the image automatically and save the jpg. for projects or images that you want to keep the ability to easily manipulate, you should save a copy in psd format to keep the layers., then another copy as jpg if needed. this way you can always go back to the psd and change stuff easily.

rickysals
04-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by hyntkid@Apr 26 2004, 11:47 AM

NO IT DOES NOT...

this is where people think you have to FLATTEN the image to save it...

NEVER FLATTEN THE IMAGE TO SAVE!!!

The jpg files do not have layers... psd files do. Save your chops as PSD files to save all your layers... then whenever you want to show it to someone, save it as a jpg ALSO.

save as a jpg one of 2 ways...

go to FILE>Save As... and in the drop down menu where it says .psd, change it to a jpg file... hit save, then a box will appear, you can choose th quality you want to save it as, to show people, save it around 8-10 quality for best quality/size combo. this way is the worse of the 2 ways, because it has to be saved at the same size of the original pic...

go to FILE>Save For WEb.... and this is the best way to save jpg.'s On the pulldown menu, click jpeg, and near the bottom on the right is a tab saying "Image Size". Here you can save the jpg as any size u want, regardless of the original's size, so u don't have to reduce your psd's size to get a smaller jpg. Enter your size, remember to keep the "constrain proportions" box checked... then adjust your quality setting above, and in the bottom left corner it will say the filesize associated with your dimensions and quality... hit save, and you are done.

Do not flatten images, as it is impossible to adjust things. If you have something wrong, adjust your psd file, and simply discard your jpg file... I keep a 'master PSD file' of every chop I have, so if i need another jpg of it, i can open it, and save me a new one, without sacrificing quality...