PDA

View Full Version : Question About Windows....

Sha$XL
06-08-2004, 02:56 PM
okay my comp is still runnin on windows 98, and because of that a bunch of new progs i try to get on it cant function cuz it says i have to have windows 2000 or XP

now my brother's labtop from school has got XP on it.

my question is, can i take the windows software from his comp and install it on my comp? if so how do i do that?

i'd try it but im too afraid i'll nuck somethin up

dreamv2.0
06-08-2004, 03:01 PM
are you talking about using the cd or his comp to transfer windows

Sha$XL
06-08-2004, 08:24 PM
his comp, he doesnt have the cd because XP was standard on laptop, or at least his school didnt issue him the CD

-GS-
06-08-2004, 09:03 PM
im pretty sure thers a cable that you can buy that directly links the two computer together, so that you can just transfer shiat from one of the computers to the other, but im nto sure which cable it is, because i personalyl havent done it, i would suggest just looking into it.

dreamv2.0
06-09-2004, 12:28 AM
yeah you can go to any best buy and get a transfer kit its a cd and a firewire they normally run about 30 bucks but hey thats cheaper than buying an upgrade for 200 bucks

StyLespOoL
06-10-2004, 06:36 PM
holy crap!!!

u can buy a crossover network cable for only a few balls <_< just around 5&#036; or sth like that i dunno cuz i live in germany :P

but i dont think u can just transfer ur brothers winxp to ur pc :unsure:

i think it must be installed manually from a cd cuz of all the different hardware like hd

but dont beat me if im not right :ph34r:

hehe

greetz

dreamv2.0
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
ok heres what you do you go to any torrent site and download windows and burn it (mods do not delete this it is not illegal for him to do this do to the fact that he already owns windows).

Tigre
06-13-2004, 08:28 AM
just dowload an evaluation copy of norton ghost... make a image of the partition and then stick it in ur pc ;)

Tigre
06-14-2004, 10:29 AM
umm....downloading and burning a copy of windows IS illegal...they dont care if you have a copy or not, if you dont have a CD you MUST buy one...

You could be a real man and use linux ;)

dreamv2.0
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Tigre@Jun 14 2004, 09:29 AM
umm....downloading and burning a copy of windows IS illegal...they dont care if you have a copy or not, if you dont have a CD you MUST buy one...

You could be a real man and use linux ;)
not by fine print his brother is perfectly capable of downloading it and it not being legal or else he would have to keep sending his comp in to the work shop for free and they would have to install windows any time he needed it