PDA

View Full Version : Language

eggstar
09-28-2004, 05:25 PM
i really hate it when a couple of people of the same nationality start speaking to each other in their native language.
im not beining anti-language (wtf does that mean? :S ) but it really annoys me when people start havin a conversation in a different language, it makes me feel like they're tryin to hide somethin.

anybody agree with me?

TwisTa
09-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Agreeed, it burns me cause i wanna know what there saying, kinda like this thread http://photoshopchop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9779 2nd post...
but btw, :S that means there confused i think ;) , try it on msn and see what happens

SavB18
09-28-2004, 09:50 PM
agreed, they clearly kno english well enough, so they should speak it at all times...or take it to a site of their own language. especially since most of them look like ****** jibberish

ckg690
09-28-2004, 10:07 PM
i think that would be a great idea, i remember reading that lexus chop and was like WTF...???? i think this should be an english-only site

OmicroN
09-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ckg690@Sep 28 2004, 09:07 PM
i think that would be a great idea, i remember reading that lexus chop and was like WTF...???? i think this should be an english-only site
Hey, then we can get rid of the mexicans, then the jews... :rolleyes:

I kind of agree that we should rule out speaking another language. But, we can have an alternative. If you want to speak another language, make it a must to have it in english too. We can be like canada, where everything has to be written in both english&french (in this case, any other language).

We can't force them not to speak their own language, but we can make them write the translation.

ckg690
09-28-2004, 10:40 PM
good idea, that'd be a pain in the butt tho to write like

'mihi nomen est chris'

'my name is chris'

for everything you write

suprachopper1128
09-29-2004, 12:01 AM
^^ heh, that's latin, though. i don't think anyone here speaks that :lol: except for the ones that are in a latin class (like me).

anywho, most of us americans don't know any other language than english, so beings as how i think the majority on this site are american, i think we should keep it at english only.

there are many foreigners who already make a great effort to write their posts in english (such as t0tal, tuliketu, firefly, florian, s.w., and many others) and i am very appreciative of that. i kinda wish the others would follow suit.

ckg690
09-29-2004, 08:16 AM
lol ya latin is the only language i can somewhat speak a little of....tried to make an example lol

Carty
09-29-2004, 01:17 PM
doesnt bother me as long as its in french or english, but for those in school, have you noticed the biggest "criminals" of speaking natively to one another are orientals... what is wit that??? if they can help it they will always speak in manderian/korean/japanese i dont get that really??

eggstar
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by TwisTa@Sep 28 2004, 08:12 PM
but btw, :S that means there confused i think ;) , try it on msn and see what happens
no i didnt mean the emot, i meant wot does 'anti-language' mean? lol, i couldnt think of the right word so i made that up, is it really a word?

nast
09-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ckg690@Sep 28 2004, 09:40 PM
good idea, that'd be a pain in the butt tho to write like

'mihi nomen est chris'

'my name is chris'

for everything you write
even better:

"Mi llamo es Nathan"

translation:
"My name is Nathan"

I'm learning Spanish in high school, so... :rolleyes:

and yea, i think that if you do want to speak in another language, atleast try and translate it into english so everyone else can understand

SuhaiL
09-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ckg690@Sep 28 2004, 10:07 PM
thats kinda messed up cauz we have so many people on this site that are from diff
backrounds... this board is probably like the most diverse auto chopping forum lol
but its all good and not all americans only speak one language sc... i my self
speak 3 diff languages ;) ;) :D

brasher
10-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Ok guys, I've set up a poll for you to have your say. This topic will now be closed.