Photoshopchop.com

Photoshopchop.com (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/index.php)
-   BATTLE ARENA (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   POLL: MR. DM vs Justincredible vs Carty (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18328)

Carty 07-27-2006 12:17 AM

POLL: MR. DM vs Justincredible vs Carty

Alright... here is the poll for the battle that they decided to have and I was somehow dragged into haha, I was pleasantly surprised with both of their chops, they were much better than what I was expecting... so good luck all

MR. DM
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8764/mrdmhy0.jpg

Justincredible
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5...rediblefr2.jpg

Carty
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/6804/brushsw0.jpg

Original is at the following link
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framep...6741&size=1024

MRDETROITMETAL 07-27-2006 12:28 AM

Wow ! ... what a difference in styles !!!... This was a good contest, seems we each stuck to our strong points, I cant decide cuz I like em all too much !!!...damn good work !

THX C & incred, this was worth it !

Carty 07-27-2006 12:32 AM

...alright... what are my strong points and what is the difference between my strong points and Justincredibles

MRDETROITMETAL 07-27-2006 12:44 AM

Well, as I see it....Carty yours is very technical, clean and persice and an excellent chop, as incred's is more illustrative, his pix almost tells a story within it very unique look to his stuff, BUT...both you guys have great skills tho, as where mine is more graphic design oreintened than you guys, as I went for a different car rather than just mods to the exsisting car pix, a very, very interesting contest IMO.

Thx again for the opportunity !

VipFREAK 07-27-2006 12:55 AM

It sucks which one I have to pick because he'll run his mouth off that much more, but we already knew who that was.

I must admit the level was stepped up a bit.

Carty 07-27-2006 01:18 AM

hey..I wont run my mouth, but I appreciate the compliment

before we get into the contest too deep I wanted to thank you guys for inviting me into the contest, I had some fun with it, havent really chopped in a while and this gave me an excuse, so thanks, it was fun, goodluck to both

MartinPliksh 07-27-2006 02:05 AM

my vote goes to justincredible, whilst cartys is more realistic and justinicredible has a couple of flaws, i love the style of justincredibles whole chop

ohh, and sorry MRDM, not to fond of yours a bit too fake looking

Justincredible 07-27-2006 06:00 AM

WHOA! Nice Job Guys... MRDM... Your still looking pretty fake but I like your idea... You said Id LOVE the color... Well its pink... I hate it! ahah Carty... I like what you did although not much... Its very clean and nice.. Good Luck Guys... Looks like its between Carty and I... Thanks MRDM for entering... Lets do it again! ehehe

Demented Kuztoms 07-27-2006 02:09 PM

Dude MR DM your chop f-ing blows. What is wrong with you why do you think your chops are the **** and they really honestly suck. Your host sucks cuz your quality is always bad, I dont know what the hell you do to take the shaprest picture to start and end up with a blur of mess. F your chop. The other 2 are good but Im gonna have to go with Justincredible as the amount of work that went into it and the design.

WildmanProductions 07-27-2006 03:28 PM

just incredible is just incredible :D

MGD 07-27-2006 04:17 PM

I must vote for Carty, first reason, is from what he did in his chop, it doesnt look like he tried that much. second reason is that his looks much more realistic.
although justincredible's is pretty good, it dont look realistic

mahalo_dudered 07-27-2006 07:39 PM

Justincredible and carty's both look pretty good. i really like the styling on both chops... and justin, nice brushing. however mr DM as usual, you're not exactly at the same level as these guys. it looks like it might take a while for you to get there, but eventually you will.

Tony Riley 07-27-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
...as where mine is more graphic design oreintened than you guys, as I went for a different car rather than just mods to the exsisting car pix, a very, very interesting contest IMO.

More graphic design oriented than the others? Just because you changed
the lights and bumper? Give me a break. The quality suffered regardless.
The difference you were trying to come up with to differentiate yours from
the rest was only in the fact that you maybe created a bumper and
changed the lights. Imo Justin's was just as "graphic design" oriented.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildmanProductions
just incredible is just incredible :D

Not really.

Granted it's imaginative, but it doesn't knock my socks off.

There are issues with all of them though sadly.

The first one is fake, VERY fake. Nothing is sharp or crisp.
There are some good ideas...but the image quality just
kills it ALL.

The second looks a bit unfinished, and suffers from being
really fake, but not as fake as no.1. I'm not sure about the BG
or the mirrors, or the body styling. Imo it's kinda ugly? But
as said...its imaginative.

The third is really the least imaginative of them all. But the image
quality is the best out of the three...and dare I say, the car is
actually good looking.

I went with Carty, although its not imaginative.
If some things were more thought out on Justin's
I would have voted for him. But sadly, it's hideous.

MRDETROITMETAL 07-28-2006 07:49 AM

yes the other 2 are very good, I said that from the START & i told them both they would get ALL the votes....so why would anybody post something saying how mine sucks, unless of course your just a jerk off ??...or blind ?...Of course many of you may not realize this but....I DONT USE PHOTOSHOP at all to do these pixs, I use Alais sketchbook pro, no pen tool, no effects, NO BS, they are entirely "hand drawn", hence they look a bit more ART Painterly than a PS pixs.

BUT I figure if you CANT DRAW, WTF are you doin pictures for ????

iMPaCT 07-28-2006 11:39 AM

Gotta go for Justincredible1!
Love that chop, though what others have said about it is true-lol

AlderIrish 07-28-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

yes the other 2 are very good, I said that from the START & i told them both they would get ALL the votes....so why would anybody post something saying how mine sucks, unless of course your just a jerk off ??...or blind ?...Of course many of you may not realize this but....I DONT USE PHOTOSHOP at all to do these pixs, I use Alais sketchbook pro, no pen tool, no effects, NO BS, they are entirely "hand drawn", hence they look a bit more ART Painterly than a PS pixs.

BUT I figure if you CANT DRAW, WTF are you doin pictures for ????

Maybe give The GIMP a try? If I remember right (I only use it a little when I run Knoppix) I think it's basically a free version of Photoshop... Some of the menus are a little different and things are in different places and all, but same basic concept.

joemomma95 07-28-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

BUT I figure if you CANT DRAW, WTF are you doin pictures for ????[/B]

Could be because this is a PHOTOSHOP site and not a drawing site. There is a drawing section to the site but the name of the site IS PHOTOSHOPCHOP.COM

BTW, you say yours is more graphic design oreinted but I don't see it, you creaed a new front end and changed the wheels and color....that's considered a chop in my book. Please stop trying to put your "ART" above everyone elses work, your chopping cars(somewhat) plain and simple....just because you don't use photoshop doesn't mean it's not chopping.

AND YEA THE CAPS LOCK, BOLD, ITALIC & UNDERLINED BUTTONS AREN'T THAT DIFFICULT TO USE EITHER!!!???!?!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

MRDETROITMETAL 07-28-2006 05:50 PM

No u misunderstand...I have PS CS2, just that I LIKE Alias Better thats all.

this IS the look I want for my pixs,..& not a antiseptic percise photographic pix, as IMO there is nothing left to the imagination in that ...no big deal, just diff strokes for diff folks thats all, I know it's a chop...cuz I cant sell em !..nobody wants to buy "chops",...people BUY ART. If I chop as PART of the process or not my objective is the same...to create ART that sells, and it does thank you !

& maybe I have the wrong idea, BUT IMO if you are not able to draw a car, then using PS or chopping is just "cheating" your way in !...sorry if that offends any of you but thats just the way it is. I am not talking out my *** either (altho thiswas the s*ttalkers contest remember ?)...so you should not be surprised by my comments by now, BUT next week or so go look at my website and you will see exactly what I am saying here, and I mean no offense by it, but its a joke when I see some of the comments from people who have NEVER picked up a pencil or paints in their life, and presume they are able to design cars from PHOTOGRAPHS !

ferrariguy 07-28-2006 06:26 PM

you two need two lighten up. i dont know about either of you but i'm here to better my self. not to get in to cat fights with other artists.

Demented Kuztoms 07-28-2006 08:46 PM

Who in their right mind would ever pay you for anything Ive ever seen from you on this board. My 6 year old cousin makes better art. Hell, I could **** on canvas and make better art. If your seriously a middle aged man that thinks what he does is art you need to check into Betty Ford. Get a life buddy