Photoshopchop.com

Photoshopchop.com (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/index.php)
-   OTHER PHOTOSHOP WORKS (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Another Rim Of Mine (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11292)

nasTone 01-12-2005 09:29 PM

Take a look, and give me some feedback.

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/9004/rim1rr.jpg

Thanks!

nitr089 01-12-2005 09:32 PM

dude! thats awsome nice work hehe

i havent figured it out yet..... how did u get the circle holes for the nuts>?

really nice :)

rickysals 01-12-2005 09:50 PM

good talent,

im not sold on the design, look like they'd be good for a truck over a car,

nasTone 01-12-2005 11:53 PM

I don't do my rims in 3D Max. I used Solidworks and Inventor. There is really nothing special about the holes. They are just a simple extrude-cuts that I revolved around a center axis. The extrude at first doesn't go all the way thru. The larger bore represents a counterbore. Inside the large holes, there are small holes for the lug studs to go thru, that were modeled in the same manner. If you want, I can send you my rim. I know you can open it in 3D Max. PM me your email address if you want to take a closer look at it.

Manson_cs 01-13-2005 11:36 AM

that is some really nice skills there man, looks awsome :D i agree with rick they would suit a truck over a car ;)

hav_lova 01-16-2005 08:48 AM

Whats aspects parts of the rim do you do in each program im considering starting to do this

hawk_196 01-16-2005 09:03 PM

i think he does everything in Solidworks.

although it wouldn't hurt to learn some other types of CAD programs just to get experience.

nasTone 01-17-2005 01:54 PM

Everything on this rim, and most of my others, was done in Solidworks. From the initial sketches to the final rendering. I have a good knowledge behind Inventor also, but I am a bigger fan os Solidworks. I have tried 3d Studio, but honestly, I suck at it. :D

hav_lova 01-18-2005 11:18 PM

how long does it normaly take to learn solidworks etc?

nasTone 01-19-2005 12:13 AM

To learn, depends if you have a the book for the program or not. I have not been able to find any good tutorials anywhere. The tutorials that come with the program are pretty good. It will explain the basics on how to do stuff. You can then apply these basic skills to other things. Doing rims is not really all too hard. It just takes time. Just like a good photochop. Do you have basic CAD or drafting knowledge? This would a good starting point. To get back to your question, I think it took me a good 2 weeks to get a good working knowledge of the Solidworks program. In my opinion, Solidworks is easier to use when you compare it to Inventor. When you learn one 3d CAD program, the others will come easier. Anything else?

hav_lova 01-19-2005 12:57 AM

Nope thats it i havent done any 3d CAD yet

nasTone 01-19-2005 01:04 AM

Do you have any AutoCAD knowledge? The program is just easier to get used to if you do. If not, you can still use it, you don't have to be an engineer or anything.

hav_lova 01-19-2005 01:27 AM

Nope i was hoping this would be my chance to learn and start broadening my ability to design

nasTone 01-19-2005 01:34 AM

I think it would be a great place to start.

hav_lova 01-20-2005 08:07 AM

Ok nasTone i got solidworks and im ready to start send me anythign and everything helpful lol adamwillard90@hotmail.com

nasTone 01-20-2005 11:16 AM

Will do. I am at work right now, so you will have to wait. I can get it to you in about 7 hours. I will send you one of my completed rims also, just so you can get an idea. Also check out this site:

http://www.mikejwilson.com/solidwork...orks_files.htm

It might help you out in the meantime.

hav_lova 01-23-2005 01:11 AM

Thnx but what happneed you forget about me?

nasTone 01-23-2005 09:20 PM

I sent the files to you friday night. You didn't get them? I will zip them and send them to you again. Maybe the filesize was too big for your mail service. Let me know what your max. cap. is for your files that you get in your mail. I think the service deleted it before you got it.

hav_lova 01-24-2005 02:27 AM

I'm with hotmail i can get 20 meg emails whats your email address? and name that it will show up as? and have u got msn?

my email is adamwillard90@hotmail.com

hawk_196 01-27-2005 11:55 PM

From what I hear, solidworks is a very very powerful tool. Its very simple and has awesome redering options. Everyone seems to only see 3DS as the "one" CAD to rule them all. I personally am not good at all with it. I can't even make a lego peice in it, but I can make intricate reims in Inventor. Neither SW, 3DS or Inventor are exactly better than one another (although Inventor would probably come in last) but just different. Heck, if Nas says Inventor is harder to learn than SW and if you already know ACAD, then its easier, I bet I could learn it in a cinche (sp?).

Anyway...

Yeah, I defiantely reccomend starting on Solidworks, as its fairly easy to learn (from what I've heard)

$0.02 you didn't need...