Photoshopchop.com

Photoshopchop.com (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/index.php)
-   PSC NEWS (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   NO MORE ADVERTISING (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14596)

joemomma95 09-02-2005 02:42 PM

NO MORE ADVERTISING

Well, we've had some recent discussions in the mod lounge and we've come to the conclusion that people have taken advantage of PSC. We never had any rules on advertising your own forum and it has come full circle and bit us in the ***. There is way too many sigs advertising other forums and websites and this will stop.

As of September 9th there will be no more advertising other websites/forums on PSC.

You have exaclty one week to remove all advertising from your sigs, so I expect to see the "new sig" thread explode. If you don't remove the sigs on your own we will do it for you, no problems. And if you continue to try to advertise your forum/website in other ways you WILL BE BANNED from PSC. This includes PMing or E-mailing people through PSC trying to get them to go to your site.

THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY PERSONAL WEBSITES. If you have your chops in a gallery type of website that is fine, just to show off YOUR STUFF. Everyone knows what we're talkng about here so I don't want to have to have the arguement of what is advertising and what isn't.

We are still undecided if the "Interesting Sites" portion of PSC will stay....IMO, if it does stay it won't be for advertising other forums.

PSC is done being the "nice guy", this site was started intending to get people into chopping and now everyone is taking complete advantage of us. PSC is still here to keep people excited about chopping and to share with one another the skills that we all possess but there's gonna be alot of changes being made in the near future and PSC WILL be on top again.

ckg690 09-02-2005 04:53 PM

Sounds good, Joe.

Also, just a think to ponder in your mind--- I know on some sites, they ban sig/avatar/etc ads, but, you are allowed to have the ad in if it's for a site that's partners, or affiliates with the site. [Just mentioning another idea, take it however you want]

I'll remove me by 9.9.05.

BTW: Cheers to the forum reorganizing.

misterphotoshop 09-02-2005 04:58 PM

I think you will be allowed to advertise affiliates like Performance Auto & Sound but no more links in sigs or anywhere else to other forums.

supraskill 09-02-2005 05:46 PM

Woohoo a step in the right direction!

~Nick

v8_king 09-02-2005 07:27 PM

this is a bloody good idea, well done guys

and i have seen some people in the auto chops section and some others, peoples replies are like "it looks good but try some tutorials, here or at www.blahblahblah.com"... i think we should stop people from tellin new members to go read tutorials on other forums as well.

misterphotoshop 09-02-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8_king
this is a bloody good idea, well done guys

and i have seen some people in the auto chops section and some others, peoples replies are like "it looks good but try some tutorials, here or at www.blahblahblah.com"... i think we should stop people from tellin new members to go read tutorials on other forums as well.

I do believe we will consider any content of the sort as spam/advertising.

v8_king 09-02-2005 08:42 PM

oh good, i shall make sure i edit them out of posts if i see them then

briandyche 09-02-2005 09:08 PM

can we advertise non photoshop forums in the interesting sites?...such as, say a music forum or a gaming forum?...just a question as i'm sure it will come up...

v8_king 09-02-2005 09:19 PM

im pretty sure they will allow that, we just dont want people changin to other photoshop forums, if the forum your advertising doesnt have anythign to do with photoshop it wont effect the members on this site.

briandyche 09-02-2005 09:23 PM

Thats what i was thinking, but i thought i would clarify since they said NO forums.

misterphotoshop 09-02-2005 09:27 PM

If its irrelavint (sp?) like music it doesnt matter but we still dont know if we are going to even keep the interesting sites section.

v8_king 09-02-2005 09:30 PM

i dont think we need it, if someone desperately wants to show people a site they can post it in general discussion. the majority of sites posted in the interesting sites section are people photoshop forums anyway.

briandyche 09-02-2005 09:50 PM

I agree. we should get rid of the stuff like polls and interesting sites, and just say post em in the general section, They arent used enough.

MRWILDE 09-02-2005 10:51 PM

I love this idea and stand behind it 100%. I am getting ready to preview the next version of PSC very soon. Ill post it on the main page and in the forums. Just a teaser for what is to come. I know you guys are wanting something new and modern. I can't wait to show you. I still have yet to go to subdreamer 2.2 and then the latest version of VB and a wicked skin to match. The tool-kit is to return and at least 20 new tutorials. Plus a feature in a magazine where anyone can gain recognition. Im not sure you guys are ready for this yet. Ive been putting this together for six months now. There are a bunch of other sites that claim they rival us but you and I both know we are the pinnacle of the automotive photoshop world. Stay tuned.

v8_king 09-02-2005 11:19 PM

20 tutorials! magazine! modernized! now you got me all excitied Mr Wilde... i cant wait. this site will once again be the top chopping site as it once was!

joemomma95 09-04-2005 04:55 PM

Yeah the advertising means photoshop sites/forums, anything other than that will probably be allowed....and as far as people pimping out their sites in thread replies, NO. Any form of advertising for anything photoshop related is gone....we have sections for all types of photoshop so there's no need for anyone to be telling anyone about any other sites...and did I mention this includes PM's and E-mail's sent through PSC? We do have ways of looking at all PM's and E-mail's sent through PSC and we will be watching for those.

Southcyde 09-05-2005 05:47 AM

i understand about people spamming the threads with thier sites and forums etc, but i mean, sigs are just sigs, some people click em some dont.

i mean do sigs really damage the amount of people usign this forum??? i dont think anyones gonna topple this site anytime soon and there are heaps of poeple who use multiple forums like me.

hope i dont get yelled at, was just asking :D

also i complied with your wishes, just wondering if my sig below is still aight, theres no link in it anymore and it doesnt advertise a site. but it is the name of my site

misterphotoshop 09-05-2005 09:43 AM

Yeah your sig is fine. But advertising in sigs in no longer allowed. You have to look at it a different way for a second. MRWILDE didnt go around other forums advertising PSC in his sig, he got recognized from hard work and good use of search engines. Thats how the rest of these people have to get traffic to there sites to. Not by posting it on PSC and hoping that someone will visit there site.

tomsuth 09-05-2005 01:12 PM

true but . having no advertising for uther forums. does make it alot harder to get new members.
but i can see were your coming from . you dont want to loose people
but i use 2 forums at the same time.just because people find out about uther forums through sigs dont meen u will loose members. or do you looses members lol?

misterphotoshop 09-05-2005 06:30 PM

http://www.spellcheck.net/ lol I really have no clue what you just said. If your saying that its hard to get new members to join forums if they cant advertise on them makes no sense. Not everyone just joins forums to advertise there websites.