Photoshopchop.com

Photoshopchop.com (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/index.php)
-   OTHER PHOTOSHOP WORKS (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gimpchoppa on YouTube (http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25522)

PSDavinci 05-12-2009 01:30 AM

Gimpchoppa on YouTube

As promised, I finished the video profiling our own Gimpchoppa and featuring his recent chop on the FM Auto Vulca S. This is based on the first version of his chop. I didnt realize he was going to revise the thing three times and once I had several hours of work complete on this I wasnt about to start over!:rolleyes:
I had to do a little reverse engineering on his chop to present this in a sequential fashion (hope you dont mind Gimp) but I think it came out pretty nice.
Of course I took some credit too but made sure to promote the site as well.
Crank your speaker volume and check it out on YouTube. :D

Virtual Tuned video featuring "Gimpchoppa"

boroboyben 05-12-2009 02:09 AM

Sweet video.

sih393 05-12-2009 02:42 PM

Nice video, one or two places it's a little too long though (sorry, I do a bit of video/documentary production at college lol).

Should do a video featuring lots of members chops from here one day, would be quite cool.

PSDavinci 05-12-2009 03:18 PM

Yeah, its a bit unconventional with the text in there but thats what I wanted. Anyhow I had a couple of different people view it and both complained it was too fast in spots with the heavier text. So I opted to make it a bit slower than too fast.
We had a compliation video done several months back but doing another one would be cool. Since you have the formal training bro, we'd love to see what you can do.
Im in the midst of another one I started awhile back thats like a mini graphic novel. Im creating all the cells for the story board in PS but its turned into a lengthy project for a video thats only going to run around 3 minutes.
Anyhow, were all for the idea of promoting our members and PSC, which was the main reason I did this one. So anyone whos so inclined is free to give it a try. However, be sure to get permission from those whose work you intend to use before hand. For something like youve mentioned it might be best to start a thread and ask for submissions.

blackace 05-12-2009 03:37 PM

I got the first comment :D

PSDavinci 05-12-2009 08:08 PM

^Hey thanks bro.
BTW, you play a little D & D back in the day by chance?
"Zerokuthedark" sounds like a fitting name for a magic user.
"Reeker the Unruly" was one of my old Barbarian high level characters.
Super strong, great fighter, loved the mead of course (and the ladies), hated to take a bath though. :D

blackace 05-12-2009 09:40 PM

Nah im a WoW player lolz *Hangs head in shame* But we all have our little dark secrets lolz

Reckoner 05-13-2009 02:44 PM

I noticed it said the soundtrack is by PSDAVINCI. You play guitar?

PSDavinci 05-13-2009 03:30 PM

Yeah I do, drums also.
Played in a few bands years ago.
Now I just play around with a small home studio and PC software.
Its what all small time musicians and rock star wannabes usually end updoing.
These particular tracks were dragged out of a library of loops and samples that I had and massaged some on the PC. I did not create the main track so I guess my bad for misleading but my intent or meaning was more as "produced by" in nature. I actually dont know who created it so I had no clue on who to credit anyway.
If anybody else decides to try their hand at a video and needs a soundtrack, I'll be glad to help them out. All my stuff is hard rock and metal though.

GimpChoppa 05-13-2009 07:33 PM

:high5: That's some awesome work Davinci. I'm honoured you chose my car too thanx. You should do a series of them for psc ( if you get time ) .The music track is off the hook aswell. Feel free to play with my work whenever you want to bro. :bounce:

PSDavinci 05-13-2009 11:24 PM

Haha thanks bro, glad you like it. Ive been toying with this video stuff on and off for awhile and really have been wanting to get something up on YouTube to help promote PSC. Its such a sweet chop so when the idea struck I rolled with it.
Thanks for alowing me to use it.

S_I_N_i_C 05-14-2009 01:02 PM

what kind of axe you got psd?
me, ESP custom with emg p.u.
mesa triple rec head and cab.
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...6178ca8ac4.jpg

PSDavinci 05-15-2009 12:36 AM

Wow, thats a sweet rig bro.
Current ive got a Jackson Dinky DK2 with SD's, Marshall MG100 w/MG412 cab.
Is that a recent photo?
Its wild to find out we all have so much in common!

S_I_N_i_C 05-15-2009 01:56 PM

yeah :blah::blah:
it was our last show in jan.
we are recording our e.p. on june 6 and 7th, so i will post links when we get the un mastered so everyone that cares can give a listen

PSDavinci 05-16-2009 02:04 PM

^ Cool bro, cant wait for it. :rockon: