-   -   My 3d Vtec Engine, rims and such (

CaptivaBlueTeg 02-21-2007 12:49 AM

My 3d Vtec Engine, rims and such
All this has been self taught and done in 3ds max 5. I'm thinking on finishing of my schooling by doing this kinda stuff. I was Mechanical Engineering because I wanted to work with solidworks but it's too picky and I hate / suck at calculus.

Heres my work so far.

This engine was intended for a game so it's not completely detailed to the max like I know I can but whenever I have more time i'll start the more realistic stuff.

Turbo Setup

Mugen Style Cover I made

SR20DET Cover

A car that I designed after hearing about the Areil Atom

Vtec engine in that car, new texture on the valve cover

Nintendo Wii, Not completed but I measured everything so it's close to perfect scale.

Me messing around with a few parts that I made to promote my brothers business, needs more work but it was just to have fun with

98% of this stuff is completely made by me from scratch. But the other 2 percent was modified which was basically just the engine block and cylinder head which looked like two boxes. I also have a ton more rims but I haven't rendered them.

erric1234 02-21-2007 02:54 AM

damn that is badass

BL-Z 02-21-2007 05:11 AM

true enough about solidworks, you have to be good at working on calculus and other things, 3d max 5 is a great preogram to use when not good at math but the outcome isnt as good

CaptivaBlueTeg 02-21-2007 01:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far. But yea I do like solidworks too but i'm more into designing things. I'm learning how to do cars also and I'm hoping to design my own concept cars once I actually know what i'm doing.

Moncef 02-21-2007 07:42 PM

dude that's amazing bro..nice job! your turbo setup looks like what i draw of my motor, turbo bolted on and everything in math class..haha...your stuff's amazing, honda and nissan, you read my mind :D

WildmanProductions 02-21-2007 09:15 PM

meh would have been beter if it was a VORTEC :D

Thats some badass work you do there man :thumbup:

CaptivaBlueTeg 02-22-2007 12:32 AM

Thanks everyone it means a lot.

I guess i'll debut the new project that I started today, my first actual car! I have an exam tommarow and probably shouldn't be doing this but i've been studying and writing papers all week so i figured I would take a break and do this. I had to model it my own way since I didn't like how the tutorials teach.

The carbon fibre came out pretty bad but I need to play around with the unwrapping to get it how I want

This is my Favorite picture, don't know why just looks cool to me.

white_lancer 02-22-2007 07:31 PM

looking reall good man. which method did u use to model the car? the one i use (also the only one i know lol) is using a plane. but i always like to learn methods

CaptivaBlueTeg 02-22-2007 11:14 PM

Here's an update

Still need to separate the door and trunk. I have to play around with detatching the door since I can't seem to get it to come out looking right. It also needs some little fixes so it's not as bumpy in some areas. I also added my own lip kit that gives it a suttle aggressive look.


looking reall good man. which method did u use to model the car? the one i use (also the only one i know lol) is using a plane. but i always like to learn methods
I did it kind of like people do when they do splines where they trace out the lines of the car. But I did it using planes and just extended and shifted planes in and target welded. It worked out better than doing it with just planes for me, the curves of the cars never seemed to come out right to me. It's been a trial and error thing for me so far.

IntegraDC2typeR 03-24-2007 07:02 AM

Pretty awesome, I wish I could do this stuff. One thing with the S2K the front rim, the dish should be a little less than the back, my opinion, so don't change it if you don't want to. Keep it up.

JXDesigns 03-24-2007 08:27 PM

im loving your work, keep it up, i wish i could get back into 3d work, but its just not graphical enough for me.

Kyalistas 05-31-2007 07:36 PM

You are quite amazing dude. I love the S2000. Though I agree IMO I think the front rim shouldn't have as deep of a lip.

chenta 10-03-2012 08:48 AM

great working

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved 2002-2008