Thread: Falken Rims
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #10
Nathan Iliov
PSC NOOB

Nathan Iliov is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasTone
How can you possibly say that SolidWorks is more design and engineering than 3d? Isn't that what SolidWorks is? Last time I checked it was classified as a 3d - parametric design software. Here is a description of the core program - taken directly from the SolidWorks website.

"SolidWorks 3D Mechanical Design Software
The standard in 3D mechanical design software, SolidWorks offers unmatched 2D and 3D design capabilities, performance, and ease-of-use."

I don't want to come across as an a$$hole, but I use SolidWorks daily and I think it is a perfectly fine 3D program in just about every aspect. I believe that SolidWorks can crush 3d Studio in some fields while on the otherhand, SolidWorks can't touch the surface modeling capabilites that 3d studio has to offer.
No offence, but you are wrong. 3ds max and maya are the industry standard for modeling and animation. Sorry champ, but if you go to any 3ds forums. The majority of people are using either 3DS, Maya or XSI. 3DS Max is the Most used 3d program in the world. My statement that I mention all other packages are obselete, I meant that no other software has all the capabilities of real world situations compared to 3DS Max. Sorry but solidworks is noob software.

EDIT: Im sure Ford and Chevey use either 3DS, Maya or XSI. Prove me wrong!

Last edited by Nathan Iliov; 05-02-2006 at 04:43 AM.
Nathan Iliov is offline   Reply With Quote