View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
fopokev
PSC MEMBER

fopokev is on a distinguished road

Ok well im not the master of this program but ill share with you of what i know so far... This program generates fractal flames which are mathematical generated shapes. It leaves out how technical the mathematical code is and shows us the visual of what it generates on the screen.

When you open up the program there is a list on the left with randomly generated fractals that you start with. When you find one that you like, you can just save it as is or mess with it more. If you want to mess with it there are a few ways to do this. In the menu, go to Flame > Editor. This lets you regenerate the fractal. It will open up a editing box that will show a couple triangles with points A B and C. You can click on these points to reposition, warp, twist or reshape the fractal. Just X out of the editing box when done.

If you go to Flame > Mutation in the menu this will transform you fractal. The box that comes up will show 9 boxes. The center box is ur current fractal and if you click on any of the other boxes it will turn it into that fractal.

Menu > Flame > Gradient lets you choose many gradients that is in the program. Many dont seem interesting but will look cool when it loads on the screen. Since i go to photoshop after, i dont really worry bout the gradient in apophysis because i can change it in photoshop to whatever i want.

Then there are actions. Go to Script > Open. This brings you to the actions and you can pick what you want it to do. Pick the action then click on the Green arrow in the menu at the top. This will run the action to your fractal.

In the menu at the top go to > Variation. This will let you alter you fractal to many different cool designs. I think using variations is probably better or easier than running scripts to your fractal.

Flame > Adjust lets you move the x and y coordiantes of your fractal, zoom in and out, gamma, brightness, and background color.

Saving! I go to File > Export Flame. This will bring up the saving perameters. Quality i believe is set at 100. This is lower quality of course but i havent noticed it looking bad. The fractal above was saved at 100. I looked at a tutorial after and this guy said to save at 2000! ATTENTION!! If you save at this "resolution" it will take a LOOONG time. Depending on technical your fractal is, it can take anywhere from an hour to save to a few hours maybe possible a couple days. So if you want to get a quick render just keep it at 100. My "meteors" that i have as accents on the left side of the picture above where saved at 2000 and it took a little over an hour to save. So beware of how you save it.

This is what i know so far about this program, so i might not be 100% correct on the approaches of creating fractals but it works for me. Just mess with it a while to see what you guys come up with. Eventually you will come up with something cool.
fopokev is offline   Reply With Quote