Thread: Falken Rims
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #11
nasTone
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

nasTone is an unknown quantity at this point

Another moronic reply. Do you actually know what in the world you are talking about? SolidWorks - a Noob software. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I would pay you to try and use 3d studio in an industrial/manufacturing environment. I would love to see you try and create working assembly drawings. Every try to make a detail or part drawing in 3d studio? I didn't think so. I know for a fact that Ford and Chevy both use a modified version of Catia. Catia is a design software that is basically modified for the company that is using it. Here is a quote from Ford-

"Rumors and conjecture have finally become reality as Ford Motor Company announces that they have chosen Catia V5 (CAD software) and Enovia (VPM) for their design and manufacturing processes worldwide."

Here is the link - http://www.practicalcatia.com/Ford.htm

Kind of looks like Chrysler uses it too -

"Why CATIA? Why not Unigraphics or SDRC?

Unigraphics and SDRC are merging into one hybrid software called Unigraphics NX which is now owned by EDS (GM). Ford Motor Co. is abandoning SDRC and switching to Catia V5. GM has a rule that prohibits anyone working on a GM program anywhere in the world from moving directly to another GM program. This is true for contractors as well as direct employees. In other words, if you're working on a GM program in Warren Michigan, you could not accept a job anywhere else in the world doing GM work, regardless of pay. GM does this to keep from competing against itself for the design talent, thus keeping the hourly rates and salaries down. Ford has had similar restrictions. However, with Ford and Daimler-Chrysler both using Catia V5, switching back and forth between the two (and their suppliers) is now possible."

Your statement about real world situations is funny too. Can you assign material properties to parts you have made in 3d studio? I means thing that matter when you are designing products. Things like the thermal expansion coefficient, shear modulus, tensile strength of the material.

Before calling me out and asking me to prove myself, why don't you do a little bit of research on your own. While you are busy researching, why don't you stop by the Catia page and take a quick look at all of the industries that use Catia. You know what else is funny, Catia is made by the same people who make SolidWorks - Dassault.

nasTone is offline   Reply With Quote