View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #19
Reckoner

Reckoner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Reckoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub1 View Post
Yes Leungy got that right Its a creative copyright - you cant get a picture some has taken off the net and tell people you have taken it, I see chopping as an art form I dont want someone to pass my work off as their own. Its ok to take inspiration from them. As for tuning companys that design kits such as AMG, they are selling these they want people to put them on their car so surely they aren't going to mind people giving them free advertising?? Its two different ball games I'm afraid, commercial vs creative.

I think your rims are at the wrong angle, it may be easier to start again with them, maybe a set of a similar angled car would work better.
I completely agree with you! Finally someone who talks sense!
Yeah sure the car designs have copyright on them. But where not passing of the original car design as our own are we?
I highly doubt bady kits and things like that have copyright because I've seen the same FB, side skirt, spoiler, rear bumper etc made by more than one company.
And just BTW we don't pass C+P parts off as our own either.
Stealing a part that is already on a chop is just being lazy!
That means you can chop the exact same car and just put all the parts on it from a chop you found.
I think the main problem is just when you try and pass off someone elses design as your own and also being too lzy to find your own damn donor!

BTW the chop is ok but the paint is too saturated and looks a little fake.
The wheels are WAY flat so yeah look for another donor.
The decals and vinyls are overdonee and makes the car look kinda rice.
The IC pipe is a little small.
The spoiler only has carbon on one side and it's too sharp through the window.

Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote