View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
KarDanCreations
PSC MEMBER

KarDanCreations is on a distinguished road
Default H~D Trike KDC. Any riders here? <-Opinions wanted.

Here's something different. I ride motorcycles and see the factory trikes include styled bodywork. So I've created my own "what if.." version of a trike bodykit. And..as rider safety is hot topic in other venues, I've also created an optional add-on safety concept feature based on conversations and observations of real life use.

Riders' opinions wanted on this concept below, thanks! Non-riders thoughts welcomed as well; Would you feel safer on this to try it?

Here is the original image.

Here's my rendition of a solo rider version with modified bodywork including larger capacity contoured tail box with frame mounted chrome bumper, a longer luggage box and rider comfort with passenger style backrest. Fender skirt and rear mud flap added for nostalgic styling. 2-up version with modified rear not shown.

And here's a safety concept feature that would install into the existing front and rear side crash bar frame mounts to provide low speed side impact protection as an optional part of the trike kit. The bars would extend out and around enough for leg clearance but still close enough for stepping on/off the bike. Opinions for the side impact bar concept? Y/N, and please include the reasons why.

Thanks for looking!