View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
wonderboy
PSC MEMBER

wonderboy is on a distinguished road

Damn excelent work, realy! You should try do your own thing rather than work for someone, it takes a bit longer, bit harder work, much more responsibility ( something I know from experience creative people usualy have a lack of ) but if you like what you do and you good at it which you obviously are, you will make it, and when you do its all yours and you will get even more rewards out of your company than you could ever imagine. Im into designing too and although i design for a large retail group, I curently only stay there coz of the security and that they dont mind me having my own thing on the side. Ive opened my own very small shop just over 2 years ago but since then its grown into 3 shops of which the 2 new ones are situated in the best shopping malls here by us. Im basicaly putting all the money my shops make just so back into them and saving some to expand even more in the near future, so right now im living off my salary from my contract, but hopefuly in the next 3 years i'll feel secure enough to leave the retail group and give all my time to my own ideas and maybe, hopefully even venture into new fields of design as well. But in short dont work for someone making them rich with your ideas, make your ideas work for themselves coz if a pace employ you and can make money from your thoughts, then so can you..