Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > MEMBERS FORUM > MEMBERS RIDE'S

Notices

MEMBERS RIDE'S Post pics of your ride in this forum.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
Murcie_LP640
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

Murcie_LP640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murcie_LP640
Default Project Suzi, a.k.a "The Beast"

Last night I bought a secondhand four-wheel-drive, a 1984 Suzuki Sierra, which is going to be my play-toy-cum-bush-basher for however long it lasts.

Running damn well at the moment, it's a (very) simple 1.0L carb'd inline-4 with roughly 380,000kms on the clock, and with a headwind it has a top speed of about 80kph. So yeah, power is puny, but on a 4WD it's the torque that matters and for a car of this size and weight it has it in spades. Starts first turn of the key every time, and at the moment it only has a minor oil leak that's troubling it which is an easy fix.

However, the bodywork and the interior need a bit of TLC, but for AU$800 it certainly isn't bad.

The paint is starting to fade, gonna sand it back and repaint it black (contrary to the rubbish lighting in the pics the car is actually purple at the moment), there are a couple of rust spots that need seeing-to and the canopy is going to be removed and repainted. Because the canopy is easy to remove I'm probably going to install some ute-style chrome roll bars and turn it into a truck for the summer months, then just chuck the canopy back on in the winter. I don't need to really take passengers so the back bench will most likely be taken out, and then it's really a matter of just a general tidy-up of the interior and repainting the homemade boxes that came with it.

Part-time chopper, full-time car lover.
Murcie_LP640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic
Send a message via AIM to Mike Minnillo

You said cum. Haha.
Mike Minnillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Murcie_LP640

Unfortunately for you though, not in the meaning you THINK I said it.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Murcie_LP640

As is ever the way with my car plans, nothing has gone according to plan with the Sierra. For a start, on the same day that I rooted the Skyline the Sierra's transfer case gave out while going down a four-wheel-drive track. Had to get towed home and then realised that it could have been fixed there and then just using a screwdriver. Bought a new bushings kit for the transfer case off eBay, slotted it in, and that should be fine for years.

Now I'm just waiting on it to be picked up because I've sold it in order to pay off my laptop, and finally make a car plan go right for once, which is get a new daily driver to replace the Skyline.