Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL DISCUSSION

Notices

GENERAL DISCUSSION Anything goes here. Just spark up a thread!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
TechChild
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

TechChild is on a distinguished road
Default The meaning of rice.

Has any noticed what used to be cool and every one whanted it is now starting to be called rice while most or maybe even all whanted to do that to a car when they were young. I mean if I search anything on ebay it says jdm half of the people don't even know what jdm is and they buy it even thoe it is a aftermarket part like cheap body kits. Also if a show car has flashy paint and neons and body kits and big rims and wings every one likes them but when some person that does it and it isent super show quality does it it's considerd rice. Any one notice that todays definition of rice mostly all cars in the magazines fall into that catergory even thoe you all like them. I wrote this all after being called a stupid ricer for having a completly stock car.

TechChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Carty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total Badass

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to Carty Send a message via Skype™ to Carty

don't let it bother you, people call me rice ALL the time, even after my inline 4 outruns their v8 so don't let it bother you... not my fault their engine, which just happens to be twice the size of mine, if not larger... is slower than my 2.2L

i've also noticed that most of the people using that rice term tend to have nothing special about their car either... im thinking its a jealousy deal

Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
essex boy luke

essex boy luke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to essex boy luke

i havnt none the meaning of this word for long but what a shyte term to use it should be forbidden, does it mean you need to have a v8 or what ever to be none-ricey they would hate us in the uk, ha now this is RICE http://www.hoppinjohns.com/cgi-bin/....RiceInBowl.jpg
Old 05-15-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Carty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total BadassCarty is a Total Badass

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 

ya that does bother me a bit... so basically, what most people are saying is that unless I have a v8, I cant be a serious competitor... even tho american muscle is worthless unless your going straight... how many times has a ford, chevy, or dodge beaten audi, honda, and mercedes... I mean, its not even fair

dont you think its kinda of funny that an NSX can compete with corvettes and vipers? that says it all right there

Old 05-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
chopperkidd44
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

chopperkidd44 is on a distinguished road

I get that too. just for owning a honda accord. pfff.

Last edited by chopperkidd44; 05-15-2007 at 06:54 PM.
chopperkidd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
VipFREAK
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

VipFREAK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechChild
I wrote this all after being called a stupid ricer for having a completly stock car.
Uh... what kind of idiot was this? I'd have laughed in his face. You drive that del slow right? Might partly explain it but still.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carty
even tho american muscle is worthless unless your going straight... how many times has a ford, chevy, or dodge beaten audi, honda, and mercedes... I mean, its not even fair
Old 05-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

PSDavinci is on a distinguished road

The latest Websters has this definition:

Ricer [ri-sur] N.
[Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt]

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their economy sedan (mostly import cars from japan hence the term "rice") to make it (look) faster. The most common modifications are:

-Huge exhaust that serves no purpose other than to intensify the grotesque and insanely irritating sound of a soggy litle 4 cyclinder engine.
-Wing spoiler on the trunk designed for race cars to create enormous downforce for improved handling dynamics at speeds in excess of 150 mph, not something that can barely do the speed limit, and in this case actually reduces the cars performance and handling characteristics.
-A generous littering of after-market performance product stickers (popularized by tuner cars in the Fast & Furious movies) of which they dont even have on their car.
Cold Air Intake- a tube that feeds cold air to their high performance hamsters.
Chromed plastic aftermarket taillights- just another useless and hideous looking modification that serves no purpose.

Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports with the most popular being: Honda Civics/Accords, Acura Integras, Mitsubishi Eclipses, Toyota Camrys, Corollas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that there are many high performance import cars as well that are designed to go fast and are decent cars that are often mislabeled as "rice". The Supra, Skyline, Wrx, NSX, Lancer Evo, 350z, G35 etc.. fall into this category. Unfortunately, in today's world, even these cars still must be handled on a case-by-case basis, because many unscroupulous, mal-adjusted and otherwise downright ignorant individuals have been known to rice-out even these note-worthy import performance cars.

The typical ricer usually has no performance mindedness what-so-ever and actually believes their bastardization (adding the modifications listed above) will transform their worthless micro into a car of substance. The ricer profile is not limited to any one ethnic group, color or race, however different ethnic groups are known to have preference vehicles. Example: Mexicans/Hispanics like trucks and minicars; African Americans/Blacks gravitate toward large cars and SUV's (escalades, Impalas etc..) Asians usually never drive domestics. They are very predjudice and only drive the Japanese and occasionally korean imports. The best place to see a ricer is in his native habitat, cruising their hoods and of course gatherings at any mall parking lot.

Here are some pictures of actual riced cars.
If by chance your car resembles either one of these pictures, you are in-fact "A Ricer".
Please, get in your car immediately and drive to the nearest wrecking yard and crush yourself along with your car and help stamp-out this miserable affliction and spare the rest of us any further torture.

Ricer pic A

Rice pic B

I think this basically covers the topic and should make things clearer.
It also seems to prove that those of you in question here are technically NOT ricers.
BTW, this isnt from Websters (i hope none of you seriously bought that) its from a website I ran across awhile ago.
I thought this definition was accurate as well as entertaining.

Last edited by PSDavinci; 05-15-2007 at 06:23 PM.
PSDavinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
mad::matt

mad::matt is an unknown quantity at this point

Luke, you bastard. You stole my joke.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 AM   #10
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 

in response to the Z06

there is always an exception

Old 05-17-2007, 04:02 AM   #11
Barchetta
PSC MEMBER

Barchetta is an unknown quantity at this point

the term is thrown around a lot. Rice, domestic rice, whatever. But I think a lot of people just over-do it, or that they don't do it RIGHT. If done right, your car will look nice, and people will respond positively. Most of the time, people either cannot afford to completely finish what they started, or just don't know how, and it comes across as if they're just trying too hard to impress people. I say whatever, its your ride, do whatever the hell you want with it!
Barchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:24 AM   #12
krazy_khmer2004
PSC NOOB

krazy_khmer2004 is on a distinguished road

hey im new to this and i dont know to make ur own car on this site can u help me out with it
krazy_khmer2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #13
essex boy luke

essex boy luke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to essex boy luke

do you have photoshop ?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_khmer2004
hey im new to this and i dont know to make ur own car on this site can u help me out with it
i think its funny how many people think there is a section where you just drag and drop parts to make your own car... not as many as there used to be, but still a lot

you need a photo editing program, most of us use photoshop

Old 05-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

Quote:
i think its funny how many people think there is a section where you just drag and drop parts to make your own car... not as many as there used to be, but still a lot
Waitaminute. You mean there isn't!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #16
:llrac3r
PSC MEMBER

:llrac3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Rice is an overused and outdated term.

It once meant crappily executed tuner cars, but now is applied to any Sport-Compact style car modifications from the late 90's (e.g. all Japanese cars must now be as JDM as possible or else)
:llrac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #17
Carty
Get Banned, Ask Me How.

Awards Showcase
Forum Comedian 

and don't forget, any performance exhaust is a fart cannon... i've had a few people ask me which pep boys I got mine from... $800 exhaust system haha

Old 05-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #18
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

Quote:
and don't forget, any performance exhaust is a fart cannon... i've had a few people ask me which pep boys I got mine from... $800 exhaust system haha

(Sorry bro, could'nt help it.)
Old 05-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #19
ferrariguy
Carty's Slave #2

ferrariguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to ferrariguy

am i the only person here who likes basically everything? im looking for a camaro or a wrx right now, because i my 4X4 just burned. and as far as rice goes i tend to call the cheap crap I.E. civics with a fart cannon and some tail lights rice, but skylines and supra's and that kind of **** there's just no denying that its as fats if not faster than muscle. and as far as muscle not beind able to handle, i've seen camaros and mustand and **** like that BIG BLOCK AND ALL put out some pretty impressive handling numbers. but honestly its all in how you drive the car.. so yeah.. i drug that out way too far lol

and oh yeah, muscle cars cant handle?

ever seen one of these on a track?
ferrariguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #20
Moncef
VR > VQ

Moncef is on a distinguished road

^x2 Ferrariguy, I'm with you here

>DeviantArt<
Carty is NOT my idol, I am merely a victim of his power as an admin...
Moncef is offline   Reply With Quote