Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTOSHOPCHOP.COM NEWS AND MORE > SITE IDEAS and IMPROVEMENTS

Notices

SITE IDEAS and IMPROVEMENTS Have an idea for the site or maybe something that needs to be improved. Post it here.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 AM   #21
joemomma95
Me love you long time

joemomma95 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Net Nazi 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via AIM to joemomma95

Teams are dead, they never really took off. We tried to have a few team battles and it never worked. Haven't seen a new post in these forums for a few months at least. I said it when it started as an idea and I'll say it again, get rid of them(don't even know how I let Carty talk me into joining one).

Now, a mentor program-type thing was an idea I had a long time back, always thought it'd work. Let an experienced chopper help/teach an inexperienced chopper. If you can get a good couple of teachers and some people really willing to learn then it would work....just my opinion again.

Maybe select a few experienced choppers that are willing to do this and let them have their own little subforum, have a subforum where people can ask the 'teacher' if they can be taught and let the 'teacher' select who he/she wants to help out? Keep the subforums password sensitive or let them be read by all but only posted in by the teachers and students...

[/CENTER]

Carty was here
joemomma95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:58 AM   #22
GTR
Super Moderator

GTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to GTR

HaHa he came back outa under his rock where ya been?

and i think the idea of experianced choppers helping inexperianced coppers is a good idea can give them confidence to try new things aswell

could do it over MSN with the "application Shareing" so they can see eachothers screens lke a video tut but insted its live

GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #23
Mondala

Mondala is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the problem is that folks will usually lose interest at some point so there has to be small goals and structure to the battles/ranks to keep the progress/purpose going.

I don't think one on one mentoring will work due to the above reason. I think to start, we could scrap all the team forums for now then just create one new forum call the "PSC Workshop". Where we have all the pros and admins of PSC in that forum then allow one or two newbies that really want to learn/get help, allowed in to the workshop. This way the whole team of PSC gurus can help those one or two newbies. It makes less pressure/work for the mentor as it's a combined effort and it would be more beneficial to the newbie.
I'm not sure what criteria we would use to determine what newbie gets into the workshop but I'm sure they would competitively work towards it!

Might work well and could be expanded upon later.
Mondala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #24
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

PSDavinci is on a distinguished road

The problem is how do you go about choosing who gets to participate?
And why does it necessarily have to be a noob?

I really like the idea of having advanced members doing workshops.
Its definately a cool idea to have one or more experienced choppers take on the workshop every month. Projects could include: doing a chop, covering an element (brushing, reflections, changing colors, backgrounds, body kits etc.), making a sig, rendering, tooning, logos, custom lettering, special effects (flames, graphics, mirror imaging, carbon fiber, etc.), wallpapers, animaton, web graphics and so on.

If there anything like this available elsewhere, im not aware of it.
Should prove to be quite interesting and informative, however you structure it.
Im looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #25
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

Adrian8355 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Adrian8355

Well consider "this" noob who is willing to learn anything. Especially since he only has 16 days on his photoshp trial. (Trying to chop as much as I can) Also, I think SKlyine gtr34 is right we could have like training through msn or some type of instant messenger service. There are members out there willing to learn. Why not an entire noob team? I know that I would contribute as much as I can. With my experiences, tutorials and ideas. As well as my inspirations. We won't know the turn out unless we come up with a forum that asks the members of this site, what THEY want. I see most admins here talking about it, no one wants mention there ideas or thoughts when there are people withn power around. A team could have:

1 admin-preferably an experienced one who can be a good leader
2 or members who are willing to share their experience
Chosen members for the team with a mix of noobs and experts

That's just me though.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)
Adrian8355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #26
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDavinci
The problem is how do you go about choosing who gets to participate?
And why does it necessarily have to be a noob?
Exactly

Only one or two noobs would be able to recieve direct help through this workshop? That doesnt seem fair or helpfull at all. How would the "candidates" be chosen? Who exactly would run the workshop? There is alot of variables to consider; timezones, personal scheduling, expierence of the teacher and noob etc. This why I believe that the teams would be a better idea. Take my current team for example; Me, swangin, and mike are all pretty advance/competent choppers; each with our own areas of expertise. If we were too "draft" newb members into our team then we could help them on a need to know basis. Also a team of just noobs would also be beneficial, they could help each other figure this out. When i was getting started with PS they're were no workshops or tutors, I figured this out predominatley by myself. So any help is something along those lines.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #27
Adrian8355
PSC MEMBER

Adrian8355 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Adrian8355

That's also very true about a newb team. We could all learn from each other. Would it be fare just to have a team of experts and just a team of noobs? In all of history there has never been a team where there weren't any members who were inexperienced. Think about it.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)
Adrian8355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #28
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions

I never once said we should have a team of just "newbs" or just "elites"
I believe that the number of new choppers should be directly proportional to the number of "advancded" choppers in a team. But since there are probably 3 times as many newbs than advancded choppers a newb team could be created to help form unity and learning among the less expierenced choppers.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #29
Mondala

Mondala is an unknown quantity at this point

As mentioned previously, I'm not sure what criteria we would use to determine what newbie gets into the workshop but I'm sure they would competitively work towards it! Fair is fair, we would only want to help people that truly wanted the help so we would have to think of a way of doing this that works for all.

One on one or help over MSN etc is something that senior members can offer to newbs or anyone wanting help but officially I won't go that direction.

There has to be something that requires little commitment from one person and rather a combined effort from multiple people to help others. This way there is no pressure on any one person... it would be a collective effort.

On another note, removing existing teams is not 100% necessary. I think the key is for me to figure out something that gives the teams something fun and measurable to do... some kind of status/rank/battle/contest/something that would be fun and give more purpose to the teams,, then I'm sure it would really take off. Active teams and newbie 'workshops', structured battles/tournaments/status/ranks.

hehe, we'll figure it out.

keep the ideas coming
Mondala is offline   Reply With Quote