Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTO CHOPS > OTHER PHOTOSHOP WORKS

Notices

OTHER PHOTOSHOP WORKS Anything that isn't an Auto Chop. Wallpapers, new sigs, web page designs or whatever else you have come up with.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
mat_splat
PSC MEMBER

mat_splat is on a distinguished road
Default Smoking Kills

I have been working on some campaign poster designs for local project

I know the font needs work, but there will be an NHS logo and a Phonenumber etc to go there. Other than that C&C welcome
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
sih393
PSC PRO MEMBER

sih393 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sih393

I defiantly prefer the 1st one as the gun doesn't really work for me. Goes a bit off topic.

Nice colors and atmosphere at the top. Works well. Yeah the font needs work. Lots of black space at the top right, possibly put the slogan and info up there?

Bit off topic but the some of the NHS smoking adverts are really good. Should take a look if you haven't. Some of the best adverts I've seen.

sih393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #3
Mike Minnillo
Carty's *****

Mike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is EurotasticMike Minnillo Is Eurotastic
Send a message via AIM to Mike Minnillo

hey, im a smoker!
Mike Minnillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
LPChopperz
Ultimate Battle 2009 Champ

LPChopperz is on a distinguished road

I am a smoker to mate... Anw, i like them both man, nice work on the skeleton and the gun..but the "SMOKING KILLS SIGN" is not very good, it distracts me.. Maybe you should write it with different style..
http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29497
LPChopperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
mat_splat
PSC MEMBER

as i said the font was just draft, i was waiting for the logo pack approval, i will upload the updated ones when i get back from the doctor... Got chest pains and a rotten cough, ironic eh.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
mat_splat
PSC MEMBER

Better?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
S_I_N_i_C
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

S_I_N_i_C is on a distinguished road

mmm smoke!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
GTR
Super Moderator

GTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to GTR

i will stop smoking if you supply me with a alternitive lol

GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
mat_splat
PSC MEMBER

I think we may have strayed off the point slightly, I dont care if you smoke, im just trying to get some feedback on a project I'm working on.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
Enforcer
PSC PRO MEMBER

Enforcer is on a distinguished road

sorry dude but the first two just don't get the right message across, the pregnant woman has the most impact but the last line of text could go. I'm not sure about other countries but in the UK there are deterants on the packets which show things like, premature ageing of the skin and how smoking is addictive. Anything that carries an NHS logo should give a helpline to call or advice about visiting a gp for help imo.

The toxins are what keep up smokers happy, the world would be a hell of a lot more unhappy and violent if everyone stopped smoking
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
GTR
Super Moderator

GTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond reputeGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
The toxins are what keep up smokers happy, the world would be a hell of a lot more unhappy and violent if everyone stopped smoking
imagen how happy everyone would be if weed was legal

GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
PSDavinci
PSC 2000 POST MEMBER

PSDavinci is on a distinguished road

Hey mat, I think the work is real good, the coloring is a bit odd to me though.
Sort of looks sun faded.
The real issue I have with it is its level of effectiveness.
Your target market for the ads are smokers obviously.
I dont smoke, im too health concious but I do know alot of people that do.
And judging from the reaction of the smokers here you can see that they typically dont care about the effect smoking has on their health or for that matter, anyone elses.
That is until they get the diagnosis that they have lung cancer and are going to die a horrible miserable death.
By then its too late.
I have seen this type of advertising for years and think its pretty much useless.
For me I believe a nice graphic shot of a guy deep into the last stages of emphezema coughing up blood, tar and chunks of lung, or a shot of a dead cancer victim on the autopsy slab with open chest cavity and there lying beside him the disgusting coal black and shriveled remains of his lungs might have a better impact.
or how about a guy sitting there in a warehouse sucking on a cancer stick and behind him a giant pile of cigarettes signifying the amount a typical smoker would smoke during the course of their life - lets figure...20 to a pack, typical smoker smokes 1 to 1.5 packs daily (lets say 30) X 365= 10,950 per year. If he starts around age 15 and lives to 55 thats 438,000 ! Hey maybe instead of the cigarrettes have a pile of money to show what it will have cost them.
Sorry bro im just trying to make a point here, not trying to steal your thunder.
Again the work is really good.

edit: I didnt see Enforcers post when I began mine but it looks like we both are thinking along the same lines.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
kennykro
Thats Mr. kennykro to you

Location: Ontario, Canada (in the middle of nowhere in Ontario)
kennykro is on a distinguished road

^x2, I don't smoke either, my brother said he would "beat me up" if I started.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #14
LPChopperz
Ultimate Battle 2009 Champ

LPChopperz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennykro View Post
^x2, I don't smoke either, my brother said he would "beat me up" if I started.
My dad told me the same thing mate... But i am 23 years old and i started smoking 3 years ago... Unfortunately for my health i prefer my dad beat me up for sure...:
http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29497
LPChopperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #15
mat_splat
PSC MEMBER

Yeah I know what your saying guys. As an ex smoker I remember very well seeing the adverts and thinking "so what" Even the pictures on the packets became more amusing than shocking, with such classics as the "limp" cigarette.

I was trying to go down the "reminder" route as opposed the ShockHorror route. As a marketing and business development consultant I have worked on some pretty big advertising campaings including TV campaigns such as the current UK Welch's Purple Grape Juice advert. (The one with the men in orange and purple suits climbing in the glass)

The problem with shock advertising is it only shocks you once. I think it is pretty fair to say that with the last few years worth of images most smokers are now already aware of the worst case scenario.

My efforts in this project were more concentrated on encouraging smokers to bring those, so often quoted, figues and images back home to roost. More along the lines of "you know your being stupid, so stop it!" Hence the juxtaposition of the relaxing cafe scene stalked by death and the purity of a pregnant mother haunted by the impending consequence of her reckless actions.

I could understand any reluctance to use the obvious sucicidal reference in the gun image and appricate that it may not be appropriate for a 40ft Billboard on the School Bus Route, I was just toying with concepts/artwork.

But mostly.... I just wanted to make some pretty pictures

You learn very quickly in my industry that the idea is alot less important than the bs used to sell it to people

Anyway thanks for your comments, It's always handy to have a free focus group I can call on.

Last edited by mat_splat; 01-27-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: P.S. The Phone Numbers Have Not Been Issued Yet, But Will Be Included
mat_splat is offline   Reply With Quote