Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTO CHOPS > 3D RENDERING

Notices

3D RENDERING Been doing some 3D work and want to show it off? Put it here.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Nathan Iliov
PSC NOOB

Nathan Iliov is on a distinguished road
Default Falken Rims

Hey guys, This is my latest work. Post some CC and enjoy.

Nathan Iliov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #2
AverageJoe
PSC SENIOR MEMBER

AverageJoe is on a distinguished road

those are absolutely amazing
Old 04-29-2006, 04:36 AM   #3
NAPOLI
PSC NOOB

NAPOLI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NAPOLI

Very nice man!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Lucky Bob
PSC PRO MEMBER

Lucky Bob is on a distinguished road

DAMN! what program do you use for stuff like that?
Lucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:17 AM   #5
Nathan Iliov
PSC NOOB

No other than 3ds Max, all other 3d packages are obselete compared to it.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:11 AM   #6
mousemods
Banned

mousemods is on a distinguished road

omg these are fkn amazing no jks if you make them at the side angle i would use them on my chopps!!!
mousemods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
nasTone
PSC "I HAVE NO LIFE" MEMBER

nasTone is an unknown quantity at this point

Great work on the rims. I think they turned out great. I really wouldn't say that all other 3d packages are "obsolete". I don't think that Ford or Chevy would say that 3d Studio is better than the design software they use. If you take a look at manufacturing, I really don't think 3d Stuido could keep its head above the water when compared to either Pro-E or SolidWorks. If you are not making a general statement and are directiong it towards the graphics and animation world, then I am on your side.

nasTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #8
Lucky Bob
PSC PRO MEMBER

Lucky Bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Iliov
No other than 3ds Max, all other 3d packages are obselete compared to it.
I've been using Solidworks with Photoworks, but that's more design and engineering than 3D
Lucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
nasTone

How can you possibly say that SolidWorks is more design and engineering than 3d? Isn't that what SolidWorks is? Last time I checked it was classified as a 3d - parametric design software. Here is a description of the core program - taken directly from the SolidWorks website.

"SolidWorks 3D Mechanical Design Software
The standard in 3D mechanical design software, SolidWorks offers unmatched 2D and 3D design capabilities, performance, and ease-of-use."

I don't want to come across as an a$$hole, but I use SolidWorks daily and I think it is a perfectly fine 3D program in just about every aspect. I believe that SolidWorks can crush 3d Studio in some fields while on the otherhand, SolidWorks can't touch the surface modeling capabilites that 3d studio has to offer.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #10
Nathan Iliov
PSC NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasTone
How can you possibly say that SolidWorks is more design and engineering than 3d? Isn't that what SolidWorks is? Last time I checked it was classified as a 3d - parametric design software. Here is a description of the core program - taken directly from the SolidWorks website.

"SolidWorks 3D Mechanical Design Software
The standard in 3D mechanical design software, SolidWorks offers unmatched 2D and 3D design capabilities, performance, and ease-of-use."

I don't want to come across as an a$$hole, but I use SolidWorks daily and I think it is a perfectly fine 3D program in just about every aspect. I believe that SolidWorks can crush 3d Studio in some fields while on the otherhand, SolidWorks can't touch the surface modeling capabilites that 3d studio has to offer.
No offence, but you are wrong. 3ds max and maya are the industry standard for modeling and animation. Sorry champ, but if you go to any 3ds forums. The majority of people are using either 3DS, Maya or XSI. 3DS Max is the Most used 3d program in the world. My statement that I mention all other packages are obselete, I meant that no other software has all the capabilities of real world situations compared to 3DS Max. Sorry but solidworks is noob software.

EDIT: Im sure Ford and Chevey use either 3DS, Maya or XSI. Prove me wrong!

Last edited by Nathan Iliov; 05-02-2006 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #11
nasTone

Another moronic reply. Do you actually know what in the world you are talking about? SolidWorks - a Noob software. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I would pay you to try and use 3d studio in an industrial/manufacturing environment. I would love to see you try and create working assembly drawings. Every try to make a detail or part drawing in 3d studio? I didn't think so. I know for a fact that Ford and Chevy both use a modified version of Catia. Catia is a design software that is basically modified for the company that is using it. Here is a quote from Ford-

"Rumors and conjecture have finally become reality as Ford Motor Company announces that they have chosen Catia V5 (CAD software) and Enovia (VPM) for their design and manufacturing processes worldwide."

Here is the link - http://www.practicalcatia.com/Ford.htm

Kind of looks like Chrysler uses it too -

"Why CATIA? Why not Unigraphics or SDRC?

Unigraphics and SDRC are merging into one hybrid software called Unigraphics NX which is now owned by EDS (GM). Ford Motor Co. is abandoning SDRC and switching to Catia V5. GM has a rule that prohibits anyone working on a GM program anywhere in the world from moving directly to another GM program. This is true for contractors as well as direct employees. In other words, if you're working on a GM program in Warren Michigan, you could not accept a job anywhere else in the world doing GM work, regardless of pay. GM does this to keep from competing against itself for the design talent, thus keeping the hourly rates and salaries down. Ford has had similar restrictions. However, with Ford and Daimler-Chrysler both using Catia V5, switching back and forth between the two (and their suppliers) is now possible."

Your statement about real world situations is funny too. Can you assign material properties to parts you have made in 3d studio? I means thing that matter when you are designing products. Things like the thermal expansion coefficient, shear modulus, tensile strength of the material.

Before calling me out and asking me to prove myself, why don't you do a little bit of research on your own. While you are busy researching, why don't you stop by the Catia page and take a quick look at all of the industries that use Catia. You know what else is funny, Catia is made by the same people who make SolidWorks - Dassault.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:03 AM   #12
mousemods
Banned

mousemods is on a distinguished road

hu actualy cares???? so he made a general statment "give a shite" just leave it
mousemods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
VipFREAK
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

VipFREAK is on a distinguished road

lol Wow, pretty sad comments in here... Anyway, the only thing 3D Max is good for when it comes to technical work like design is rendering because Solidworks really doesn't have a true rendering capabilities. Like people said even then they'd be using more complete programs like Uni.
VipFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #14
Nathan Iliov
PSC NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasTone
Another moronic reply. Do you actually know what in the world you are talking about? SolidWorks - a Noob software. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I would pay you to try and use 3d studio in an industrial/manufacturing environment. I would love to see you try and create working assembly drawings. Every try to make a detail or part drawing in 3d studio? I didn't think so. I know for a fact that Ford and Chevy both use a modified version of Catia. Catia is a design software that is basically modified for the company that is using it. Here is a quote from Ford-

"Rumors and conjecture have finally become reality as Ford Motor Company announces that they have chosen Catia V5 (CAD software) and Enovia (VPM) for their design and manufacturing processes worldwide."

Here is the link - http://www.practicalcatia.com/Ford.htm

Kind of looks like Chrysler uses it too -

"Why CATIA? Why not Unigraphics or SDRC?

Unigraphics and SDRC are merging into one hybrid software called Unigraphics NX which is now owned by EDS (GM). Ford Motor Co. is abandoning SDRC and switching to Catia V5. GM has a rule that prohibits anyone working on a GM program anywhere in the world from moving directly to another GM program. This is true for contractors as well as direct employees. In other words, if you're working on a GM program in Warren Michigan, you could not accept a job anywhere else in the world doing GM work, regardless of pay. GM does this to keep from competing against itself for the design talent, thus keeping the hourly rates and salaries down. Ford has had similar restrictions. However, with Ford and Daimler-Chrysler both using Catia V5, switching back and forth between the two (and their suppliers) is now possible."

Your statement about real world situations is funny too. Can you assign material properties to parts you have made in 3d studio? I means thing that matter when you are designing products. Things like the thermal expansion coefficient, shear modulus, tensile strength of the material.

Before calling me out and asking me to prove myself, why don't you do a little bit of research on your own. While you are busy researching, why don't you stop by the Catia page and take a quick look at all of the industries that use Catia. You know what else is funny, Catia is made by the same people who make SolidWorks - Dassault.
So it is possible to render an image, Of the same quality of my rims with solidworks?
Oh yer show me some of your renderings in Solidworks.

EDIT :Btw what does Pixar use? MAYA 7 with Renderman renderer.

Last edited by Nathan Iliov; 05-02-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #15
nasTone

Is it possible to render stationary objects with the same quality as your rims? I am not a pro at rendering with PhotoWorks, but I am sure it may be possible. SolidWorks can render animations also, but now where near the quailty of other programs. The point of this was never rendering capabilities. You made a general comment that all other software was obsolete. If rendering capabilites makes all other software obsolete, 3d users (design & animation) have a lot to learn.

My rims must have been removed from here. I did find some other things I did in the past.

http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=11808

http://www.photoshopchop.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=11811

If you read my last post in this thread, I have even stated that the rendering capabilities are not too good in SolidWorks. I think we have to establish that there are 2 types of 3D software. You have your animation software (3d Studio, Maya, Bryce) then you have your design software (Pro-E, Catia, SolidWorks, Inventor) My initial point was to point out that 3DS is NOT the best overall software. I don't think that there is a best. But that is just my opinion.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #16
bmxercookie
PSC MEMBER

bmxercookie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bmxercookie

lol i have read and laughed at the thread thie thing i don't get is nasTone's sig
"arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... even if u win you're still retarded."
i thought this was very amusing as nasTone has been arguing over these 3d rendering software which means he is calling himself a retard
Old 05-29-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
nasTone

If you would re-read the thread, I was not "arguing". I was simply trying to clarify the wording that Nathan had used. He had taken it to another level by saying things he obviously knew nothing about. Now you chime in and use my sig to call me a retard? Unless you have something useful to say, please keep your mouth shut. This thread has been dead for about a month already - NOOB.

Last edited by nasTone; 05-29-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:44 AM   #18
pbelyy12
PSC NOOB

pbelyy12 is on a distinguished road

sweet
pbelyy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 AM   #19
WildmanProductions
I Love Mike

WildmanProductions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WildmanProductions