Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTO CHOPS > AUTO CHOPS
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

AUTO CHOPS Post your chop related to the automotive industry.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
suzq044
3000 AND CLIMBING

suzq044 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default .. been a while.

A couple of chops from me.. admittedly a little out of practice; so not a lot of examples right now. Choppers block 'n all that; not really trying for hyper-realism either. I am searching for the originals. Can you guess what car I won? xD

This one is just a bull-bar design; nothin changed on the Cherokee itself except the DRLs/Signals.

suzq044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
kennykro
Thats Mr. kennykro to you

Location: Ontario, Canada (in the middle of nowhere in Ontario)
kennykro is on a distinguished road

Loving the toon. I have a huge soft spot for animation, and I love Cars. I sketch that type of stuff out for my nephew every once in a while.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
kennykro

If you won a car...I'm gonna have to say it most definitely was not a Dodge Dart. LOL.

How did you win it?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
suzq044
3000 AND CLIMBING

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennykro View Post
If you won a car...I'm gonna have to say it most definitely was not a Dodge Dart. LOL.

How did you win it?
Short Version:
Facebook / Pinterest hosted contest at RealSimple; sponsored by Dodge Dart back in Oct '12.

Longer version:
-This contest was giving away a Dodge Dart and $5,000 in Home Depot gift-cards.

- Basically what we, as contestants, had to do, was to use the Dodge "customizer" to build a Dart, then use Pinterest to upload the result of our customizing into a specific folder in our own account. What they didn't mention was that you could use Photoshop to your hearts content on that customization. I submitted the 'basic' model straight from the customizer. Then later realized that you COULD use Photoshop. So, what I did was uploaded a bunch of work I had already done on the Dodge Dart.

- Then things got interesting. At first, I wasn't able to conjure up more than 5-6 votes a day on there; you could vote once a day, every day for the duration of the voting period. On the last few weeks of the voting period I decided to go to various forums that I belong to and ask for help. Well, long-story-short; It worked. I ended up with 3399 votes by the end of the voting period & ended up in third place in the voting.

- The second part of the contest was being judged on creativity. That, I'm sure is where I excelled, because I had about 15 photoshopped images in there, of variations of what could be done with a Dart, and the other two entrants only had the two required entries. The "customizer" Dart and the "garage space" selection.

- I was notified on Nov. 1st that I was the 'potential winner' of the Grand Prize. I must've read that about 15 times, making sure that I was reading it and comprehinding it correctly. I really didn't expect to win. Fast forward a few weeks later, I had since moved from CA to AZ, and then ordered my Dart.

- I was given 26,000$ MSRP to build my own Dart & have it delivered from the factory to the dealer. I ordered on Nov 14th. Took about 12 weeks, likely because I have a top-of-the-line Dart Limited, and that's a lot of parts to wait on. My MSRP ended up at 25,785.

- The only options I do not have on my Dart are the Automatic, the Sunroof, and the engine-block heater. Otherwise I have every option available. Awesome car.

- I received my car (finally) on Feb. 5th, 2013. I had to pay taxes and license fees, which equated to $2,439.86. I had to pay it up front, no payments, etc were available in this instance. They wouldn't even do a trade-in of my Passat. (shrug) Sold THAT for 2500 to cover that expense.

Read more: Jace: 2013 Dodge Dart

Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
kennykro

That's awesome! Congrats!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
suzq044
3000 AND CLIMBING

Quote:
Originally Posted by verongome View Post
Congrats on winning a car bro, you have to do lots of stuff to get it. But it was worth getting a car.
Totally was. I love my Dart.

Now I wonder what people think of my 'chops tho. xD

Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
kennykro

As I said, I love the first one.

The second one: the paint looks very matte, not my personal taste. Maybe punch out some highlights.

Third one: Simple and clean. Looks quite good.

Fourth:Not a huge fan. The gradient in the decals makes it a little weird for me. Also looks like a tilt and shift photo with the way the background is blurred, kinda throws me for a loop as far as a chop goes. One more thing, the car looks really well lit considering how dark the background is.

Fifth: Clean and simple again. Well done.

Sixth and Seventh: Wouldn't have noticed that anything was done. Very well done.

Eighth: Really liking the dark and moody. The drops on the "camera lens" could be a bit bigger and maybe a bit more blurry.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
suzq044
3000 AND CLIMBING

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennykro View Post

Fourth:Not a huge fan. The gradient in the decals makes it a little weird for me. Also looks like a tilt and shift photo with the way the background is blurred, kinda throws me for a loop as far as a chop goes. One more thing, the car looks really well lit considering how dark the background is.
--
Eighth: Really liking the dark and moody. The drops on the "camera lens" could be a bit bigger and maybe a bit more blurry.
Fourth one was actually not modified in any aspect other than adding the "Bleach" face-paint to it; that white is very unique & hard to make out reflections on. lol

I decided to go with the light drops because the camera is facing backwards & wouldn't be getting as wet as it would if it was forward facing.. if that makes sense? I tried a few larger droplets, but it ended looking odd, and I changed it back.