Navigation:   Home  >>  Forums

Go Back   Photoshopchop.com > PHOTO CHOPS > AUTO CHOPS

Notices

AUTO CHOPS Post your chop related to the automotive industry.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
ashdavid
PSC NOOB

ashdavid is on a distinguished road
Default Lexus IS-F

Hey guys, this is my first chop of a car. C & C is welcome.

Before,

After,

ashdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
BadBlood
I Love Mike

BadBlood is on a distinguished road

front quard is chopping into the tyre , not bad tho , keep em comin
BadBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
FPM
PSC NOOB

FPM is on a distinguished road

Carty said Breathe life, so here's a deep breath:

1) The wheel's already been covered.
2) It's very tough to lower a Lexus like this. Take a look at the rear wheel and you see why. If this car existed, one bump would shred your rear quarter. And for a Lexus, you don't wanna spend that kind of coin to fix it.
3) The color. It doesn't really fit the environment, it looks kind of flat. Maybe try using the "Color" on lighting effects instead of going through the Hue and Saturation settings. Don't get me wrong, the color shift itself is good, but the reflections on the side of the car have become the same color.
4) Lens flare will be the death of you. You're better off finding a picture with the lights on and chopping them in rather than throwing those in.
5) The emblem removal is really clean and the CF Hood is a nice touch, but all things considered, that's all that's really presented here.

In my opinion, this is a good first step. But there are a lot more (and a lot better) things to do with this picture.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
ashdavid
PSC NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT959 View Post
front quard is chopping into the tyre , not bad tho , keep em comin
Yeah, it was bothering me, but I did it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM View Post
Carty said Breathe life, so here's a deep breath:

1) The wheel's already been covered.
2) It's very tough to lower a Lexus like this. Take a look at the rear wheel and you see why. If this car existed, one bump would shred your rear quarter. And for a Lexus, you don't wanna spend that kind of coin to fix it.
3) The color. It doesn't really fit the environment, it looks kind of flat. Maybe try using the "Color" on lighting effects instead of going through the Hue and Saturation settings. Don't get me wrong, the color shift itself is good, but the reflections on the side of the car have become the same color.
4) Lens flare will be the death of you. You're better off finding a picture with the lights on and chopping them in rather than throwing those in.
5) The emblem removal is really clean and the CF Hood is a nice touch, but all things considered, that's all that's really presented here.

In my opinion, this is a good first step. But there are a lot more (and a lot better) things to do with this picture.
2)I have realised the rear fender needs to be flare needs to be go higher up in the rear quarter, but it was only after I posted.
3) Will give that a try.
4) Yeah, I admit they don't look good.
5) Thanks, but did you not see the front fender and rear fender flared? It is supposed to be a bit of a wide body.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
FPM
PSC NOOB

FPM is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I couldn't tell that it was a wide body. Which, in most counts, would qualify as an attempt at a wide body.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #6
ashdavid
PSC NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM View Post
Honestly, I couldn't tell that it was a wide body. Which, in most counts, would qualify as an attempt at a wide body.
I was going after a subtle change in the stance of the car, but if you could not tell then I did my job right then I guess.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
Dj Twinkles
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

Dj Twinkles is on a distinguished road

not bad for your first dude... some probs tho ... never ... I mean never ever use lens flare... thats a bad thing to do ... if you wanna turn the lights on rather brush them click me!!! ... car is too low as you its cutting into the fenders... if you want it so low rather add negative camber to it ... as for the rear fender.. if you want it a wide body rather enlarge the fender first then do the wide body it will look better that way ... If you do it the car will look meaner , bigger and wider... coz on some cars the fenders are small and it kinda looks wierd and stupid ... and rather change the colour using hue and saturation... then the colour wont look so bright...

O|\|1'/ cl4 1337 5#4|| 5!_!|2\/1\/3
ELITE GIMP USER MEMBER
>>>My Blog<<<
Dj Twinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
S_I_N_i_C
PSC 1000 POSTS MEMBER

S_I_N_i_C is on a distinguished road

all has been mentioned,good first chop, take your time,go over the tutorials.
on a side note, i actually saw a real is-f last weekend,SICKKKKK
Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
ashdavid
PSC NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Twinkles View Post
not bad for your first dude... some probs tho ... never ... I mean never ever use lens flare... thats a bad thing to do ... if you wanna turn the lights on rather brush them click me!!! ... car is too low as you its cutting into the fenders... if you want it so low rather add negative camber to it ... as for the rear fender.. if you want it a wide body rather enlarge the fender first then do the wide body it will look better that way ... If you do it the car will look meaner , bigger and wider... coz on some cars the fenders are small and it kinda looks wierd and stupid ... and rather change the colour using hue and saturation... then the colour wont look so bright...

Thanks. I got that tutorial for the flares of this site! LOL I was going to go with the brushed one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N_i_C View Post
all has been mentioned,good first chop, take your time,go over the tutorials.
on a side note, i actually saw a real is-f last weekend,SICKKKKK
Thanks. I just recieved mine.